Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Raced a Titan

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 02:39 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Raced a Titan

I have had many good little races (not planning on it) with past cars, the best that stands out was on route 33

*dream cloud*

Back when I had my super charged firehawk, I was going form wilson to allentown, so I get onto the highway, like the typical ******* I am reving excessivly when I would clutch around turns and such (since with my rear end tight slow turns had to be clutched). I go to get onto the highway, and all of a sudden a white vette, a ZR-1 (mother of god) comes screaming up behind me, he saw me in the parking lot of the walmart leaving I guess.

We get onto the highway, I really didnt think he wanted to play until I go to get on and he almost rear ends me how fast he came up.

So I drop to 3rd and floor it, I came accross the normal lane so fast into the passing lane the van infront of me almost went off the road, because of how fast they tried to get the **** out of the passing lane to make way for us.

3rd, shift, 4th shift, 5th shift, look back, vette is on my ***, we were doing 150+ soon as a big clearing opens up, he pulls out onto the right, and blasts past me, WE WERE GOING 160 come this time already and he just pulled away like I was standing still

M O T H E R O F G O D

*fyi firehawk was a high 9 second car, had full reworked engine, to a 383 stroker, cam, headers, exhaust, 12lb pully on procharger with icebox, blah blah blah, typical 350cuin with 9grand dropped into it, if you goto island drag way you can see my trophy from open street night, took first in R/T try outs, and got my first 100mph (hahaha easily right?) the same night*

Only racing my audi wagon has seen was one night in NYC someone in a 1.8t sedan and I were on the highway over by coney island and we were ******* around, no one made headway on the other, I had three passengers, he had none, I am crazy, he was not.

BTW as per the topic, thing that sucks is when you get beat by something that by rules of engaugement should not be fast, but is

*IE See : Buick Grand National

:-(

Old 09-30-2005, 02:44 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

I outran a Nun on a Mountain bike, once, but I was in my Camry, not the Audi. My Camry was the SE model, or else I don't think I cudda taken her so easily. It WAS touch & go there for about the 1st 100feet, but bt the end of teh block she was [sm=owned.gif]
LOFL

Old 09-30-2005, 02:46 PM
5th Gear

Yeah and the GNX's are really effin crazy.

That ZR-1 must have had some serious work done to it... ZR-1 is a dream car of mine. I owned a c4 vette, and they are a blast... but 385 hp in a c4 would be insane. Still though, they're no 9 second car... so this guy must have had his done.

Old 09-30-2005, 03:23 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: headshok2002

Yeah and the GNX's are really effin crazy.

That ZR-1 must have had some serious work done to it... ZR-1 is a dream car of mine. I owned a c4 vette, and they are a blast... but 385 hp in a c4 would be insane. Still though, they're no 9 second car... so this guy must have had his done.

yeah I know, It sounded nasty as ****, but what is still having me boggled is I did not hear any fan or turbo. I highly Highly Highly doubt that thing was built to 9second spec on all motor?????

then again vettes always were such rockets on the highway, off the line that car might not have stood the same, depending on gearing, but yeah typically even brand new Z06s I smoked, and I mean granted the ZR1 was an amazing car esp at the time, but they were like 11s or 12s... so who knows... FAST AS *****

Old 09-30-2005, 05:30 PM
5th Gear

Yep, ZR1's could run high 11's in the quarter with a kick *** driver... I want them because they are a piece of history... and effin beautiful (in my eyes)

11" wide rear tires... mmm...

But yeah, it was likely closer to stock... I've rarely seen or heard of a modded ZR1... most people drive them as they are. I would. I wouldn't even change the wheels. Nothing.

Old 10-01-2005, 03:46 PM
4th Gear

yeah I know, It sounded nasty as ****, but what is still having me boggled is I did not hear any fan or turbo. I highly Highly Highly doubt that thing was built to 9second spec on all motor
why not. THats not to much to ask out of that motor.

Have a friend with a 267 in a stock weight class 69 camaro that put down 8.50's He runs in the 9.90 bracket and just catches up to the other car and holds untile the finnish.

Old 10-02-2005, 05:21 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: flyboy

yeah I know, It sounded nasty as ****, but what is still having me boggled is I did not hear any fan or turbo. I highly Highly Highly doubt that thing was built to 9second spec on all motor
why not. THats not to much to ask out of that motor.

Have a friend with a 267 in a stock weight class 69 camaro that put down 8.50's He runs in the 9.90 bracket and just catches up to the other car and holds untile the finnish.
ZR-1s dont have alot of stuff avaible for that engine specifically... so they would have had to custom fabricate it, and if ur gonna do that, might as well go custom quad turbos and make some real powwwa.

Old 10-02-2005, 11:05 PM
4th Gear

what that the overhead cam motor. And why not. four turbos are alway better than one.

Old 10-03-2005, 12:04 AM
Senior Administrator

Gonna put quad-turbo's on my D2... One turbo for every 6-cylinders[8D]

Old 10-03-2005, 03:13 AM
4th Gear

D2? one for every six cylinders? what kinda engine? what did I miss.

Quick Reply: Raced a Titan