Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

r10 on pole

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 03:21 AM
2nd Gear
Default r10 on pole

the sports car domination continues. this track sounds amazing!

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/alms/auto/28637/

Old 07-15-2006, 07:19 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: r10 on pole

god damn i love lemans

Old 07-16-2006, 03:23 PM
2nd Gear

and the r10 wins again, continuing the domination and taking it to penske's porsches. anyone watch the f1 race this morning? ferrari looks like they're back for good and it's going to be a good fight between schumi and alonso the rest of the way.

Old 07-16-2006, 04:07 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: midohioguy

and the r10 wins again, continuing the domination and taking it to penske's porsches. anyone watch the f1 race this morning? ferrari looks like they're back for good and it's going to be a good fight between schumi and alonso the rest of the way.
Is the race in Salt Lake already over? I thought they would show it live. And keep in mind that the Penske Porsches are in the class below the R10, so they are not actually competing against each other. What is amazing is how close the Porsches can run to the class above them. That is the power of factory backing there.

I watched the F1 race. Ferrari does have some work cut out for it. They need Renault to get some DNFs or Alonso has got it again.

Old 07-16-2006, 05:13 PM
Senior Administrator

nah it JUST started, on CBS (check local listings for times)

Old 07-16-2006, 05:58 PM
4th Gear

Maybe he was just making a not-so-bold prediction, since Audi wins almost every single ALMS race.

BTW, the P2 Porsches can pass the Audis. I think ALMS needs to work on the rules some to get more competitors in there and also seperate the classes a little bit. Of course, more factory teams would really make it a great series. There just aren't enough rich people that want to go spend the money that a factory can lay out in a year.

Old 07-16-2006, 06:27 PM

This sucks!

I went to a friend's house on Friday night in Tooele, UT, and she didn't say anything about the race this weekend. I'm in Layton this weekend for my wife's highschool reunion and the party was last night and I drank a little too much. Woke up today to see the Le Man's race starting in Tooele. I would have gone had I known. Sucks watching something on TV that is happening so close that I could have made in person.

Oh well. TDI still doing well.

Chef

Old 07-16-2006, 07:59 PM
Senior Administrator

someone post the top 3 for each class, please. I hadda get dressed tto go to work[:@], so I dint get to see the end. Last I saw was the #7 Porsche (I think it was) coming in to fix a stuck throttle. Anything interesting happen after that?

Old 07-16-2006, 09:13 PM
2nd Gear

i wasn't guessing, they ran the race last night and showed it on cbs today. the porsches are a class below, but are definitely the closest competition for the audi. i wouldn't be surprised it they were up to p1 next year, especially if they're included in the le mans field. the end was pretty close with the audi crossing right in front of one of the porsches.

Old 07-16-2006, 09:15 PM
2nd Gear

Quick Reply: r10 on pole