Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Question of curiosity - non-Audi related

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 06:04 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: Question of curiosity - non-Audi related

ahh..its turned more into a game...

if you wanted to be mean about it you can explain it to the waitress before hand.. But i figure that will end in 1 of 2 ways.. 1. You get good service or 2. your food gets spit in.

maybe even a third.. you get great service AND your food gets spit in.

Old 10-20-2006, 07:58 PM
Senior Administrator

Do this, if you want good service, but you'll end up having to leave a decent tip, too...

When you're seated, and your server comes up to introduce him/herself, REMEMBER their name.
When they come back to take your order, speak to them as you would a friend. Use the name they gave you in your responses, and smile, politely, during your interactions.
Engage in a little humorous by-play, if the opportunity presents itself, but DO be RESPECTFUL at all times... Remember, this is the person who will be telling the person who COOKS your food all your little whiney *needs* for your meal, and transporting it BACK you you when its done.
When your food arrives THANK THEM!!! And, again, use the name they gave you, when you do!
WHen they come around to ask if everything is OK, tell them. If there IS a problem this is teh time to bring it up. Maybe the cook is having a bad-hair-day, but that's not the Wait-staffs fault, now IS IT? Give them a chance to fix it. 99% of teh time they will, and apologize for any inconvience.
If it's fixed adequately THANK THEM AGAIN!!! If not, GET UP AND PIMP-SLAP dat b1tch into last wee... OOops! No! Don't do that. Sorry, got my instructions mixed up. If it's not fixed to your liking make a mental note and either a) leave NO tip, or, b) leave a few coins or a single dollar to signify your extreme displeasure, yet acknowledging that you COULD have left a decent tip, if they deserved it.
As you depart the establishment, make a mental note to palpay Jazz, for being kind enough to write up this nice piece of instruction on how to get good service

A dollar, from each of you, each time you use my advice should set me up for life, I think...

Oh, and be sure to TIP WELL, if you plan on returning to that resturaunt anytime soon, and want good service when you do.

Old 10-20-2006, 08:01 PM
18T
4th Gear

LOL awd you are loved by me

Old 10-20-2006, 08:24 PM
Senior Administrator

I U 2

Old 10-21-2006, 05:28 AM
1st Gear

AWDaholic - WOW...that is quite the in depth "how to" on going out to eat...lol. I can honestly say that I don't remember one time where someone I didn't know actually remembered my name..lol. (its Angie..btw) I just got done at that place tonight...and I am about ready to slap the cr** out of this guy I have to work with...what a tool! Here is a small example of what it is like to work with him: ok, so you have the "job" of whiping your booty for say...20 years of your life...you know how to do it...you have done it forever...its not hard...anyone can do it....whatever. So then this guy comes along and says "here let me show you how to do your job...OH and then I am going to remind you every 5 minutes how to do it...because you may have forgotten...then I am going to harrass you about every little aspect of your job...just because I am a tool and I apparantly think that no one has any common sense. At some point, I just want to tell him "look buddy, you are like 40 years old, and a lazy fat peicer to boot, not only do I not need you telling me how to do my job and following me around and annoying me...but I am also a million times smarter than you would ever dream of being...so leave me alone or you are about to unleash the beast...and not only that...I don't even NEED this job...I just do it for fun!"...but I don't...so I guess that is my own fault. Not only that...but this guy drives 70 MILES ONE WAY TO WORK AT THIS DUMB PLACE! EVERY WEEKEND!!! And its not like he has a car that gets great gas mileage...he has an OLD POS that gets like 15 MPG. IDIOT! Ok...done venting now..thanks for listening!

Old 10-21-2006, 07:08 AM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: GoodLuckAudi

AWDaholic - WOW...that is quite the in depth "how to" on going out to eat...lol. I can honestly say that I don't remember one time where someone I didn't know actually remembered my name..lol. (its Angie..btw)
Hey, Ang... Seriously, I only remember the wait-staff's name because it seems to impress older Women (hint for you younger guys... try it sometime. they may not always comment, but they're impressed, they ARE impressed), and, at MY age I *need* ANY advantage I can get[&:]

Truth is, somewhere along the line it dawned on me that the waitstaff are people, just like ME. Out making a living. When I'm doing MY job I ehat it when some person's being a di<& about whatever service *I'M* bustin my @$$ to provide. Why should I expect them to be different than me? Most people WANT to do their best, and, even the ones that don't tend to do a little better when you show them a little respect. I sometimes travel, a LOT, in my day-job, so I eat out often (not THAT kind, id-10-t's, the OTHER kind... sheeeesh!). Regardless of where I go; whatever state, or country, respect for your fellow Man, Woman, or child goes a looooooooong way.

FOr you skeptics: Try it! Next time you go to a resturaunt REMEMBER the name of teh person who waits on you, and USE it when you talk to them... See if you don't get slightly better service than you expected. If not, I'll double-refund the dollar-tip you palpay to me, for providing the original write-up Is that a deal, or what? That's a deal, right there. That's a deal-and-a-half, in fact!

Old 10-21-2006, 01:18 PM
1st Gear

at MY age I *need* ANY advantage I can get
how old are you???

Hey, Ang...
Nice touch...I am "impressed"..lol

I think that regardless of if they used my name or not...if the people I wait on can joke with me and shoot smartass comments back and forth and just let me have fun at the retarded place....I could care less about how much money they left me.

Old 10-21-2006, 04:45 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

Truth is, somewhere along the line it dawned on me that the waitstaff are people, just like ME. Out making a living. When I'm doing MY job I ehat it when some person's being a di<& about whatever service *I'M* bustin my @$$ to provide. Why should I expect them to be different than me? Most people WANT to do their best, and, even the ones that don't tend to do a little better when you show them a little respect. I sometimes travel, a LOT, in my day-job, so I eat out often (not THAT kind, id-10-t's, the OTHER kind... sheeeesh!). Regardless of where I go; whatever state, or country, respect for your fellow Man, Woman, or child goes a looooooooong way.

FOr you skeptics: Try it! Next time you go to a resturaunt REMEMBER the name of teh person who waits on you, and USE it when you talk to them... See if you don't get slightly better service than you expected. If not, I'll double-refund the dollar-tip you palpay to me, for providing the original write-up Is that a deal, or what? That's a deal, right there. That's a deal-and-a-half, in fact!
from a person who has worked in a restaurant for 40+ hours a week for 2 years THANK YOU now if only everyone was as smart as Jazz and could figure that out

O and BTW Angie your sig is f'in hilarious

Old 10-21-2006, 06:00 PM
Senior Administrator

at MY age I *need* ANY advantage I can get
how old are you???
Why, I'm the tender age of 43 years young, my dear.

Hey, Ang...
Nice touch...I am "impressed"..lol
I practice what I preach, as you can see... Now, about thet deerskin bikini [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 10-21-2006, 09:44 PM
1st Gear

So last night I was working...and noticed the indian logo thing they have drawn everywhere and remembered this quote from an earlier post:

Is that a topless indian chick tanning or something as the restaurant logo? I'm turned on already!
After a much closer look...um...it is a MAN! No boobies. Still turned on??? HAA.

Why, I'm the tender age of 43 years young, my dear.
so young.

That reminds me....so I am pretty pumped that the appraiser we had at our house the other day mistook me for a 16 year old!!!! I was like SWEET...now if only I can maintain this when I am 40 I will be SET!

Quick Reply: Question of curiosity - non-Audi related