Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Question of curiosity - non-Audi related

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 05:06 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Question of curiosity - non-Audi related

That is what I have been doing...well...not really leading them on...because that is kinda messed up...but I just don't mention the BF...unless they ask...or are totally creeping me out...lol. I just hate knowing that the regulars might eventually find out and then I am totally f'ed. lol.

Old 10-17-2006, 05:10 AM
5th Gear

you just gota OMIT the fact that ur not single so if they find out just be like "oh you didn't know" that way ur safe

Old 10-17-2006, 05:15 AM
1st Gear

lie by ommission...works for me.

Old 10-17-2006, 06:49 AM
5th Gear

lol as long as you never actually say your single and they believe you are its all good, just play along and get your money

Old 10-17-2006, 12:23 PM
Senior Administrator

Two words: Deerskin Bikini (or, is that three words?!?)[sm=insomnia.gif] [sm=jawdrop.gif] [sm=insomnia.gif]

[sm=joke.gif]

But, seriously, yeah, the guys a di<&head. Prsonally, depending on the size of the bill and the level of service, I've tipped as much as 50% (but, not on rilly big bills, of course). I, too, work multiple jobs, albeit for a slightly different reason, and I know that wait-staff generally RELY on tips to make the job worthwhile, so good service is ALWAYS rewarded. I travel, from time to time, for one of my jobs, and have an expense account to cover my tips, up to a point. If the service warrants, I have no problem tipping above what I'll get reimbursed for. Hell, I even tip housekeeping in the hotels I stay at, again, if the service warrants, which I'll NEVER get reimbursed for. My underlying motive: there but for the grace of God... So I tip, and tip WELL, where service warrants.

You just gotta take the good with the bad, Sugah. If I ever swing through redneckville, and happen to stop at the Triple-K Inn, and manage not to get jumped by the ****-kickers, on my trip to the Mens room, I *promise* I'll tip ya extra good... Ya just gotta warn me if they start plotting on me, at the bar, while I'm enjoying my meal, so I can haul ballllls out to my trusty D2 and spray gravel all over they asses, as they try to catch me out, in the parking lot.

Old 10-17-2006, 01:25 PM
4th Gear

Is that a topless indian chick tanning or something as the restaurant logo? I'm turned on already!

My trust fund account is currently involved in a dispute in Nigeria. If you just send me $500 I can get all of my millions released.

Old 10-17-2006, 02:14 PM
Site Moderator/Ninja

Nigerian Trust funds, sleezy restaurant goers, naked indians,
Deerskin bikinis, ooooh diggity... only in AF...[:-]

Old 10-17-2006, 02:23 PM
Administrator

i think it matters if ur single or not, i worked at a few resturants in my time and flirting with the gurls, even the fugly ones help with tip, they like the fact that they might have a chance with you, so they might try and impress you, but most of the time they just like the service

Old 10-17-2006, 03:19 PM
Senior Administrator

Yeah... ANYtime I can get a hot wqaitress to *service* me, I'm gonna whip out the BIG TIP!!!

Old 10-17-2006, 03:51 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: GoodLuckAudi

OK. So I took a fourth job (p/t) about a month and a half ago as a waitress (yes, it is gay and I hate it) and work about 6 days a month there. Anyways, here is the question:

Do you tip more if you think the waitress is single? This of course does not apply if you are married/in a steady relationship. I only ask because I noticed this one guy tipping some decent money (and for the record...the standard is 20% now - some ppl just don't get that here!) and then when he found out I had a B/F...the tips were less. Of course, one might argue that it is the level of service...but for the record...let it be known that it is awesome service.

That sounds terrible, what are your other 3 jobs?

The nekkid-Pocahontas thing is, I have to admit, mildly provocative, in a backwoods lumberjack watering hole kind of way.

Quick Reply: Question of curiosity - non-Audi related