Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Question of curiosity - non-Audi related

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 04:30 AM
1st Gear
Default Question of curiosity - non-Audi related

OK. So I took a fourth job (p/t) about a month and a half ago as a waitress (yes, it is gay and I hate it) and work about 6 days a month there. Anyways, here is the question:

Do you tip more if you think the waitress is single? This of course does not apply if you are married/in a steady relationship. I only ask because I noticed this one guy tipping some decent money (and for the record...the standard is 20% now - some ppl just don't get that here!) and then when he found out I had a B/F...the tips were less. Of course, one might argue that it is the level of service...but for the record...let it be known that it is awesome service.

Old 10-17-2006, 04:37 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: Question of curiosity - non-Audi related

i'd have to say that you'll probly get tipped more if you say your single. he was probly trying to buy his way between your legs and when he found out you were taken he stopped

Old 10-17-2006, 04:37 AM
Site Moderator/Ninja

hmm howd he "find out" u werent single?

Old 10-17-2006, 04:40 AM
1st Gear

HAAAAHHHHAaaaaaa...what a dork...he actually wrote me a note on the back of his credit card receipt saying "you are really cool and pretty. you should come out to the forest service housing. here is my number. ps. you are really cool and i am kind of drunk"....hahahahahah. yea. then when i gave it back and said you left something...he was like "you have to write me something back, that is how it works"...so i wrote..."i have a bf and yes you are drunk". so the next monday i worked...he came in...and i noticed not only did he drink less, but less tippage.

Old 10-17-2006, 04:44 AM
Site Moderator/Ninja

LOL.. he's just hating bec. he got rejected HAHAHA.

thats so 6th grade "you write something back"

no worries.. I just saw that movie "Waiting" w/ Dane Cook, Ryan Reynolds, etc. etc.
I know how u can get him back...[&:]

Old 10-17-2006, 04:51 AM
1st Gear

DANE COOK is so freaking funny!!! LOOVE him!

I know! What a tool!

Get this one: so the night prior to that...this guy comes in. Let me paint you a picture: Mid thirty's (I am 24)...big ole pot belly...SHORT....not so cute. Anyways, he keeps giving me the eye...creeping me out BAD. So I imediately keep myself busy and keep my *** away from his view point (lets not tempt the creepy man). When he is done with his dinner (a salad of all things) he comes up to me and gives me his card (A KITCHEN APPLIANCE SALESMAN!) and tells me "I would LOVE to take you out sometime". I said "oh, sorry, I have a boyfriend...and it is VERY serious" and then attempt to give his card back...he then says "honey, keep it in case something happens to him". Um ok. So then as if that wasn't enough he states VERY seriously "just so you know, I have a massive trust fund and am looking to get a wife to help me spend it"...WAIT...did you say trust fund? ....sign me up fatty...come on! are you kidding me?!?!? So at this point...thinking I am getting a big tip anyways...he leaves...guess what he left me....ONE DOLLAR!!! Must not have wanted to break into that large bank account he says he has! Where do these men come from!

Old 10-17-2006, 04:54 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: GoodLuckAudi

DANE COOK is so freaking funny!!! LOOVE him!

I know! What a tool!

Get this one: so the night prior to that...this guy comes in. Let me paint you a picture: Mid thirty's (I am 24)...big ole pot belly...SHORT....not so cute. Anyways, he keeps giving me the eye...creeping me out BAD. So I imediately keep myself busy and keep my *** away from his view point (lets not tempt the creepy man). When he is done with his dinner (a salad of all things) he comes up to me and gives me his card (A KITCHEN APPLIANCE SALESMAN!) and tells me "I would LOVE to take you out sometime". I said "oh, sorry, I have a boyfriend...and it is VERY serious" and then attempt to give his card back...he then says "honey, keep it in case something happens to him". Um ok. So then as if that wasn't enough he states VERY seriously "just so you know, I have a massive trust fund and am looking to get a wife to help me spend it"...WAIT...did you say trust fund? ....sign me up fatty...come on! are you kidding me?!?!? So at this point...thinking I am getting a big tip anyways...he leaves...guess what he left me....ONE DOLLAR!!! Must not have wanted to break into that large bank account he says he has! Where do these men come from!
What kind of a sleezy joint are you working in? Do these guys have no respect?

Old 10-17-2006, 04:58 AM
5th Gear

lol o man. i used to work in a mom and pop italian restaurant back hone and i can def. say there is no shortage of those guys. sometimes we had to get the cops called in lol

Old 10-17-2006, 04:59 AM
1st Gear

The entire county I live in has about 8,000 people. They are mostly redneck losers that drink too much and have no life.

This is where I work....

http://www.nwbiggame.com/shoshoni/shoshoni.html

I only do it because I like buying nice things...and this town doesn't pay S*** for jobs.

Old 10-17-2006, 05:03 AM
5th Gear

lol you need to learn how to use the job to your advantage. u should tell all the guys ur single and lead them on until they tip

Quick Reply: Question of curiosity - non-Audi related