Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Question about reporting accidents

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 03:14 PM
3rd Gear
Default Question about reporting accidents

Well recently I was in an accident and it was on private property and no police report was filled out. My question is do I still need to fill out one of those forms that the officer gives you? I can't remember what its called but it supposed to go to the DMV or your insurance. Last time I handed it to insurance and then got a note in the mail from the DMV stating that they were no longer going to suspend my license and they got the form WTF!! I dont want this to happen so I just want to know if I need to fill one of these out or not.

Old 12-04-2008, 03:20 PM
Tech Guru

Fill one out and then call your insurance company and the DMV to find out.

Old 12-04-2008, 07:31 PM
5th Gear

at least in NY, property damage (public or private) in excess of $1000 requires an accident report. I've also been given a 'fill it out yourself' accident report when I hit a deer (only called the cops because I wanted a tag for the deer so I could take it home legally). The DIY accident report had a warning that NOT filling it out in triplicate and mailing it to whoever was punishable by fines/imprisonment! I said F that, too much work, and never heard a thing about it.

BTW, the deer was ****. Literally. Broke every bone in its body, and split its intestines open. My buddy cut its belly to gut it and got hit in the face with a cloud of steam the likes of which you'll NEVER encounter. It was funny.

Old 06-05-2024, 08:46 AM
1st Gear

I'm not an expert in these matters, but I think the first thing you should do is contact a lawyer.

Old 06-05-2024, 10:09 AM
1st Gear

If you’ve been involved in a car accident and are unsure about the reporting process, it might be beneficial to consult a professional. I recently came across Kerman LLP, who specialize in car accident cases in Atlanta. They can provide guidance on how to properly report an accident and navigate the legal implications. You can check them out here:https://www.kermanillp.com/atlanta/car-accident-lawyer. Their expertise might help clarify some of the questions you all have been discussing.

Last edited by AlexisRibush; 06-05-2024 at 10:10 AM. Reason: miss clik
Old 08-16-2024, 07:45 PM
1st Gear

Hello everyone! I recently switched my car insurance provider and realized I might need to adjust my policy details soon. Has anyone here dealt with customer service for making changes? How responsive were they, and did they manage to resolve your issue efficiently? Did you face any long wait times or need multiple follow-ups? I’m particularly interested in the overall process – were the representatives knowledgeable, and did they communicate clearly? If you’ve used their service for more complicated matters, like policy updates or claims, how did that go? Any tips on contacting them, perhaps a direct hastings direct number?

Old 08-17-2024, 05:33 AM
1st Gear

Getting in touch with their customer service was a surprisingly smooth experience. I called to update my policy, and the representative was incredibly helpful and knowledgeable. There was a short wait time, but nothing excessive. If you're looking for quick assistance, dialing the hastings direct number gets you directly to someone who can help. The whole process was efficient.