Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Pwned By A Pickup Truck

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 11:03 AM
4th Gear
Default Pwned By A Pickup Truck

So yesterday, I was walking to work. I live literally right up the street from work, it's just a nice, short half-mile or so walk down third, through the Court Ave. district. I was on the corner, about to cross Court on the left side of Third St., and the signal said "Don't Walk". There was a Jeep going from my left to my right waiting to make a left turn onto Third, and a line of cars behind him. Once it was clear and the Jeep made his turn, most of the cars behind him went through the intersection - except for one woman in a van who wasn't paying attention and just sat there about a hundred feet back from the intersection. I watched her to see what she would do, and after a moment she realized she could move, and pulled forward to stop at the light, behind the white line.

Once she had stopped, I looked at my crosswalk signal and saw that it said "Walk", so I started across the road. About half way to the other side, I saw out of the corner of my eye a pickup truck coming from behind me on the right. The instant I realized what was about to happen, I let out a mighty bellow; "*****!" and was then knocked on my ***, screaming obscenities like a sailor with his arm caught in a winch. I landed on my side, legs folded, the front tire of the truck resting against my shins. I'm pretty sure if he had gone much farther, both my legs would have been broken. People started running over from the curb, yelling at the driver to back up and asking if I was okay.

I quickly took stock of my self and managed to stagger to my feet with some help. I was trembling like a leaf and monumentally pissed off - later, a paramedic noted that my heart rate was about 180. Fortunately, it takes more than a pickup truck to take out Mr. Flippant, and I've come away from this accident with only a scraped-up knee and a black eye from hitting the pavement. I spoke to the driver for a while while we sat in Legends waiting for the responding police officer to complete his paperwork; he was a decent guy and I don't have any hard feelings for him. It was just an accident - he didn't see me crossing the street. I think he was nearly as shaken as I was!

Anyway, overall it wasn't anywhere near as bad as it could have been. I was just shaken up and scraped up a bit. All the staff at Legends and several people who had been nearby were very helpful, and I am extremely grateful to them; as well as to my dad for coming so quickly from work to pick me up from the restaurant.

Old 12-15-2007, 11:09 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Pwned By A Pickup Truck

Holy crap!

Glad your OK. I've never had to deal with anything like that.

Old 12-15-2007, 11:12 AM
4th Gear

HOLY CRAP DUDE you were so lucky to walk away from that, glad your alright

Old 12-15-2007, 11:48 AM
4th Gear

wowpwned is right! It sounds like he should have bought some drinks for that, as im sure you BOTH could ofuse one or two.

What kind of tickets did he get? (if any)

Old 12-15-2007, 12:22 PM

Wow, glad to hear you're alright except for a few scrapes/bruises. Could have been a lot worse.

Old 12-15-2007, 01:11 PM
2nd Gear

Glad you are OK....we need you in Audiforums.com, on the lighter side.

Old 12-15-2007, 01:13 PM
3rd Gear

When I saw the title of the thread I thought the 2.8 got pwned at the light. glad you're ok, I had a friend get hit and spent 3 weeks in the Hopsital, driver was drunk and took off with his kid in the front seat.

Old 12-15-2007, 01:23 PM
1st Gear

damn powerwheels.

Old 12-15-2007, 02:05 PM
3rd Gear

Glad You Are OK!!!

Old 12-15-2007, 02:16 PM
4th Gear

You're a better man than I, Gunga-din - I would have thumped him for being stupid enough to possibly killed someone.

Glad you're okay - might stay away from construction sites - trucks have been known to gather in those parts

Quick Reply: Pwned By A Pickup Truck