Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Pulled Over Again Tonight.... wow

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 07:55 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Pulled Over Again Tonight.... wow

atleast your not wreckless. and really isnt that what seperates us from the ricers.

Old 08-21-2006, 08:00 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: StepUpProductions

i understand what your saying... but im not going to get into it but i purchased my own car with me money and am by no means spoiled...

il agree with you that in reviewing my earlier post, i should have been more happy about the fact that i wasnt arrested for my ignorance and that he did do me a favor

and my earlier incident involved me going over a hill to fast and was not going in excess speeds... only about 10-15 over... this time however i will admit it was stupid and was not a good move

like i said above, the last thing i would ever want is someone to get involved or hurt by my recklessness and therfore i do not drive far over the limit or dangeriously when there is any possibility of other people getting involved

Well I see what you're saying but doing 75 in a 40 isn't just going sligtly over the limit. I actually heard that 20+ over the speed limit can be considered a felony. If you want to do 75, why not do it on the highway?

A.) Its more open
B.) No traffic lights
C.) You don't stand out quite as much doing 75 mph
D.) Its alot safer

Old 08-21-2006, 08:04 PM
4th Gear

yeah 20+ can be considered felony. wheni got my 30 over they were trying to convict me for a class 2 felony but my lawyer got it down to a class 1 misdemeanor.i still got it worse than kid that were pulled over or caght with possesion.and actually with the patriot act anything can be a felony.

Old 08-21-2006, 10:11 PM
4th Gear

//rolls eyes at **** poor understanding of the law

Carry on then.

Old 08-21-2006, 10:36 PM
3rd Gear

I work for an insurance company and anything over 20mph is considered a major violation. We treat them no different than a DUI. You can kill someone driving like that and you should have been ticketed. The cop should not have given you a break. Seriously, would it take you killing someone in an accident to get you to slow down? I don't want to be a jerk off about the whole thing but you would be thrown in prison for murder if you did kill someone at that speed. It's dangerous drivers that raise insurance rates for the rest of us. [:@]

"like i said above, the last thing i would ever want is someone to get involved or hurt by my recklessness and therfore i do not drive far over the limit or dangeriously when there is any possibility of other people getting involved" ---- LOL. How do you know when others will get involved? Like, when someone is pulling out of a side street at night with their kids in the car and you t bone them and kill someone. That's probably not possible though...

Old 08-22-2006, 02:44 AM
2nd Gear

this wasnt a city street... this was a 4 lane road with no intersections... im not that stupid

how come i get **** for this when theres this guy putting a video up of him testing his new testpipe on his B7 in the A4 forums and is clearly going welll over the posted limit and there are cars coming in the other direction...

yea it was stupid i realized that, it was a bad jusgment call... at least i dont go doing that everynight trying to fins someone to race... i have a clear insurance record so dont blame me for that... and i realize next time im not going to be so lucky with the tickets

Old 08-22-2006, 01:36 PM

LOL he is lucky but dont flame the **** out of him. Damn bro , good for you and dont street race. Everyone stop yelling at him haha Im sure you all went over the speed limit some time in your life. 2 speeding tickets , both highway -

Old 08-22-2006, 02:20 PM
1st Gear

So i got pulled over last night for speeding on a back country 2-lane highway by a county sherrif. I got the good cop/bad cop treatment. Finally the good cop walks back to my car with my stuff, no ticket. and he says something to the jist of "I know your a young kid with a fast car, but you need to slow it down. I would hate for you to get into an accident so just slow it down. My partner wants to give you a ticket but I talked him out of it. If we catch you around here again your getting it. BTW, i like you car, now just slow it down, don't want you to hurt yourself or someone else."

They were right I was going too fast but the car felt so good and i was staring at the road not my speedometer.

I don't get why you all think its ok for the cop to verbally harrass StepUp just because he didn't give him a ticket.

in reply to cary12,

* edit * I am having a very bad and stressful day. You mentioning working at an insurance company set me off. Sorry for ripping on what you said.

Old 08-22-2006, 03:00 PM

ORIGINAL: StepUpProductions

this wasnt a city street... this was a 4 lane road with no intersections... im not that stupid

how come i get **** for this when theres this guy putting a video up of him testing his new testpipe on his B7 in the A4 forums and is clearly going welll over the posted limit and there are cars coming in the other direction...

yea it was stupid i realized that, it was a bad jusgment call... at least i dont go doing that everynight trying to fins someone to race... i have a clear insurance record so dont blame me for that... and i realize next time im not going to be so lucky with the tickets
U have a clear record b/c ur one lucky SOB. I hope u get a ticket next time. Ive only once gotten let off, and i had a damn good escuse and i was only 10 over at 1 am coming home from a school event, still dressed from it.

Take ur luckiness as a sign that maybe there is something trying to make u slow the fvck down.

Old 08-22-2006, 05:10 PM
2nd Gear

thanks zat0rsk1 and chingy... whatever its not even worth it to explain my normal driving habits

yea i got it... i need to slow the **** down and i hope i get a ticket next time... because my audi is an F1 car and i fly through stop signs and street race everyone at red light whenever i get the chance

... oh well, thought i would just explain what the cop said to me and how the A4 beat the Bimmer but oh well

Quick Reply: Pulled Over Again Tonight.... wow