Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Psycho Dealer Stories Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 04:57 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Psycho Dealer Stories Anyone?

ORIGINAL: rs

lol no excuses dude, they didnt know what they were doing. they needed parts that never exsisted according to audi. but they insisted that this part was in the tranny linkage somewhere, so they made their own part...then my car wouldnt go into reverse unless i really really really forced it... i unno i just hope nothin fukks up in the long run.
That sounds like a complete load of crap. Take it back to em' and ask them to fix it properly..... tell them that reverse is a necessary gear for most people and that crunching it in is not good at all. The other thing is, I'm pretty sure revers and first use the same wheel? So if the reverse wheel dies then first is likely to as well.

Old 08-22-2005, 04:59 AM
rs
2nd Gear

naw i noticed right as i was pullin out to leave. i pulled back in and said heres the keys. fix it. thats why it took so much longer. but that was still at the 2 week mark. took a week an half after that reverse problem lol. i should have just went to audi, they charged me the EXACT same as audi would have.

Old 08-22-2005, 05:08 AM
2nd Gear

The six speed is renowned for problems isn't it? Still, it really gets to me when you hear stories like that. If your gonna fix something, fix it properly. That way it won't come back and bite you later. No wonder so many of us do our own work. Hope it don't give way on ya dude.

Old 08-22-2005, 05:16 AM
rs
2nd Gear

thanks man, it shouldnt. if it does, i would go right back and say its because of this peice you put in. you had it for 3 and half weeks and wouldnt reverse proper, and now xx down the road, the trannys messed. **** that

Old 08-22-2005, 05:32 AM
2nd Gear

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMEN

Old 08-22-2005, 05:58 AM
4th Gear

I had a bad expeirence with shield audi in state college.. Long story short, i fried a motor, and was in no financial postition to sell the car( i would have only gotten 2500 for it), i had to much cash in it, so i decided to put in a brand new long block from germany, and keep the car for a LONG time. I put a deposit on the block, block is here on 2 weeks, Shields tell me car will be done in week. Week goes by, I call them, they in form they are having a terriable time doing a motor swap on a ferriari. Im an understand person,and by now i was lied too twice about when my car was going to be started, and told it was started, and it wasnt. so im like ok, its fine. When will it be down, " We are gona start on it mon or tues, done by the end of the week." Im like, ok, fair enough. Week goes by, no word from shields, i call up, "well, we havent started on it yet" By this time im getting frustated, i kindly say, my car was there almost a month ago, you have have lied twice about the car.By now, ive had it, the service rep is being a dick, i ask when this week i can stop and make sure my car is being work on. He tells me as mean on he can be, If you dont stop bothering me, im sending ur block back to germany, and keeping the deposit. Im like who do u think u are talking to. Now i am pissed. Now my pops gets involved, who is a former car dealer, business man, not someone you want to get in anytype of law/financial problem with. Who grew up i the car business, i had been keeping him informed the time. He then calls up, and told them if the car was not done by XX date, he would be there, and they would have a serios problem to contend with. After my pops threatens them, and says he will be there basically with legal papers, and a flatbed for my car, i get a called BEFORE the deadline that my car was done. I have my mother drop me off to get my car, i pay the bill, and by this time, they know me and my dad well. I take my car out only to find it wont boost past 6psi, now i am jacked they had my car for like 6weeks, and its not right. I call them up, yeah, it should be boosting more the 6psi, i was like no ****, its a ko4 suppose to be making 25psi. I dont even take it home, turn around, take the car back, and get a rental. I spin the rentals tire leaving the place. I get a call the next morning, your cars fixed. I go up to get it, now, this time, Its making 30psi+ , i was like wtf?The scewed the wastegate wide open. I was mad, i turn around to go back, only to thank my ecu for correcting this so i didnt have to let my car there for them to destroy. (btw-30psi+ on a ko4 in feburary makes alot of power). My car will never see sheilds audi again, and i doubt they will work on it again too, after my dad and i were done with them.

Old 08-22-2005, 06:26 AM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: Crazyhorse

OK here it is, names retracted.

I have a legal background, and here what a good complaint letter should read like... although I do have the glaring problem of it not actually asking for anything. But he's definitely going to have his *** handed to him so that should be enough. I actually had to go back and rewrite it a bit after I was done, I got a little over-dramatic. WARNING: VERY LONG!

August 20, 2005

Audi of America
3499 West Hamlin Road
Rochester Hills, MI 48309

Ref: xxxxxxxxxx

To Whom It May Concern:

I had an experience at an Audi dealership recently that I feel Audi USA should be aware of. I purchased a new A4 on February 10th of this year with the assistance of salesman Mr. *******, of Rusnak Audi of Pasadena. Mr. ******* was thoroughly helpful and he most definitely earned the high marks that I gave him on the dealership survey.

During the sale, Mr. ******* told me to bring the vehicle back for a complimentary detail, and I agreed to do so. As an aside, he also mentioned that the dealership would fill up the gas tank when I brought the vehicle in for service. I felt that this was a thoughtful gesture, and I made clear that I appreciated the service I had received from him and from the dealership. I made an appointment to bring the vehicle in for detailing approximately 2-3 weeks later, but cancelled the appointment the day before due to a scheduling conflict.

Earlier this month I scheduled my 5,000 mile service. While scheduling the appointment I tried to verify the offer of complimentary gasoline. The Service Department said that they had no such policy. I called Mr. ******* for clarification, and he immediately remembered me and my vehicle. He also remembered that I had not had the vehicle detailed yet, and I scheduled the detailing with him for August 15th, the same day I was going to have the vehicle serviced. Once again, I was impressed by Mr. *******’s thoughtfulness and attention to detail.

I brought the vehicle in on August 15th, and the Service Department was advised to turn the car over to Mr. ******* for detailing once the service had been completed. In the early afternoon of that day, I received a call from the Service Advisor stating that the service had been completed and that he had either contacted or left a message for Mr. ******* to pick up the car. I called Mr. ******* twice this afternoon to determine when the car would be ready, but received no response. Having not received a call back, I assumed that the car would not be ready until the following day, and made transportation arrangements.

On August 16th, the next day, I waited until the afternoon to call Mr. ******* to determine when my vehicle would be ready for pickup. I called several times and received no response. The Sales receptionist insisted she would contact him on his mobile phone and determine why he had not called me back. At approximately 5:00PM, I had not heard back from Mr. ******* and personally went down to the dealership to reclaim my vehicle. Mr. ******* was nowhere to be found, and had not returned calls to the Service Department nor to the Sales receptionist, both of whom I spoke with personally. At this point, nobody could determine the location of my vehicle. Frankly, I would not be able to go a total of 3 days without my vehicle, as my work requires a great deal of driving.

The Service Advisor went out of his way to assist me, and unable to contact Mr. ******* or locate my vehicle, he spoke with the Sales Manager. The Sales Manager authorized a rental car for me, since my vehicle was nowhere to be found and it appeared that I would be without it for a third day. At this point, I paid for the rental with my MasterCard and was informed that I would reimbursed for my expenses. I did not complain nor express the fact that I was highly annoyed by this sequence of events, but I felt that the rental was the least that the dealership could have done for me. I was convinced at this point that Mr. ******* had simply forgotten about my vehicle.

At this point Mr. ******* appeared in the Enterprise Rental Office, located on the dealer’s premises. I informed him that I was renting a car and at this point he engaged in a most unexpected tirade. As soon as I realized what he was insinuating, I realized that the best course of action was to not get upset, but rather to take mental note of what he was saying in order to try and ascertain what was going on. The following statements were made by Mr. ******* to me at this point:

“You’re paying for that rental yourself.â€

I explained to him that the Sales Manager had authorized it, he told me that he had spoken with the Sales Manager and that the offer had been revoked. At this point I asked him if my car was ready and whether or not it had been detailed.

“It hasn’t been done because you already had it detailed last time you serviced your car.â€

I reminded him that he scheduled me knowing that I had not had the car detailed yet. I also explained that I had the vehicle in for a minor issue and that: (A) I had not notified Sales that I was bringing the car in; (B) the vehicle was not at the dealership long enough to be detailed; (C) Service was not told to hand the car over to sales; and most obviously (D) the car was absolutely and unequivocally not detailed when I picked it up from the Service dock.

“I have records that show that you had your car detailed last time you brought your car in for service.â€

I protested, bristling at the accusation that I was essentially trying to con the dealership out of a free detailing. I insisted that the records were mistaken.

“Yes you did. You had the car detailed and you picked it up on the Showroom Floor.â€

I continued to insist that I had done no such thing, but it became clear that Mr. ******* was accusing me of trying to defraud the dealership. Realizing that I was not going to convince him otherwise, I asked politely if I could leave the car for another day to be detailed. He flatly refused. Finally I asked him why he had not called me back, and how long I would have had to wait had I not personally appeared to find my car.

“I got busy. Service should have called you when the car was ready. I had nothing to do with that.â€

And with that he got up and walked out. Service called me immediately upon completion of the 5,000 mile service, the previous day, informing me that Mr. ******* had been notified that the car was ready to be picked up for detailing. It was clear that Mr. ******* did not care that I was left without transportation, and instead of apologizing for my inconvenience, he began berating me for trying to scam the dealership out of a free car detailing. Finally, to add insult to injury, when he walked out without telling me where my car was. I had to chase him down after canceling the rental, and he finally pointed me towards my car that was sitting in front of the Service Department. The Service Advisor was incredulous when I relayed what had happened, as he also could not comprehend why Mr. ******* had not called me back, nor why he failed to inform me of any problem. Frankly, if there was such a problem, Mr. ******* had a day-and-a-half to call me and tell me to pick up my car, which I would have done. God knows how long I would have been without a vehicle had I not personally showed up to track down my car.

Quietly fuming, I return to the Sales Department to insist on my innocence and make it clear that any records indicating that I picked up the vehicle on the Showroom Floor were inaccurate. Entering the Sales area, the receptionist that I had spoken with earlier gave me an apologetic and confused look. Finding Mr. ******* at his desk, I sat down. At this point his demeanor had inexplicably changed, and he asked me when I could bring my car in for detailing. I made arrangements to bring it in on August 23rd, and quite disgusted, I left at that point.

I am skeptical that any records exist that indicate that I “picked up the car on the Showroom floor.†Even if I had, which I most assuredly did not, to accuse a customer of trying to scam the dealership in this manner is appalling. The manner in which Mr. ******* comported himself was completely unprofessional, as he embarrassed himself in front of me as well as his colleagues. I have never stolen a thing in my life, and to be honest I would have paid the $75 for the detailing had I been asked. The only logical explanation for Mr. *******’s insistence that I had picked up the car in the manner described is if the cancelled appointment had somehow been mistakenly annotated to show that the detailing was completed and that I picked up the car on the Showroom Floor. Even if this theory is correct, this cancelled date was 3-4 months before the minor service that Mr. ******* claims was done at the same time as the detailing.

The most upsetting aspect of this was that Mr. ******* did not offer even a semblance of an apology. I am a working professional, and being left with a car for 2 days straight was a major inconvenience. Had I not appeared to claim my car, I would have been left without transportation for at least 3 days. This did not appear to faze Mr. *******, who refused to accept any responsibility and who made it clear that he blamed me for disturbing him and wasting his time. I believe that Mr. ******* probably forgot about my car, as his story about the records was completely incoherent. He had ample time to call me and inform me of any problem, yet he chose to ignore me.

This treatment of a customer is unacceptable in any setting and under any circumstances. Mr. *******’s wanton disregard of common decency lost him a guaranteed sale of a second Audi that I would have purchased for my household within the next 6 months. Frankly, I would not wish this experience on anyone. I would ask for a formal apology from Mr. *******, but I have no desire to have any further contact with him in the future.

Please feel free to contact me for any additional information or clarifications.

Best regards,

[Signature Block]
i bolded a typo, in case this was a final draft...(should say "without")

Old 08-22-2005, 10:07 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: audiboy1618

I had a bad expeirence with shield audi in state college.. Long story short, i fried a motor, and was in no financial postition to sell the car( i would have only gotten 2500 for it), i had to much cash in it, so i decided to put in a brand new long block from germany, and keep the car for a LONG time. I put a deposit on the block, block is here on 2 weeks, Shields tell me car will be done in week. Week goes by, I call them, they in form they are having a terriable time doing a motor swap on a ferriari. Im an understand person,and by now i was lied too twice about when my car was going to be started, and told it was started, and it wasnt. so im like ok, its fine. When will it be down, " We are gona start on it mon or tues, done by the end of the week." Im like, ok, fair enough. Week goes by, no word from shields, i call up, "well, we havent started on it yet" By this time im getting frustated, i kindly say, my car was there almost a month ago, you have have lied twice about the car.By now, ive had it, the service rep is being a dick, i ask when this week i can stop and make sure my car is being work on. He tells me as mean on he can be, If you dont stop bothering me, im sending ur block back to germany, and keeping the deposit. Im like who do u think u are talking to. Now i am pissed. Now my pops gets involved, who is a former car dealer, business man, not someone you want to get in anytype of law/financial problem with. Who grew up i the car business, i had been keeping him informed the time. He then calls up, and told them if the car was not done by XX date, he would be there, and they would have a serios problem to contend with. After my pops threatens them, and says he will be there basically with legal papers, and a flatbed for my car, i get a called BEFORE the deadline that my car was done. I have my mother drop me off to get my car, i pay the bill, and by this time, they know me and my dad well. I take my car out only to find it wont boost past 6psi, now i am jacked they had my car for like 6weeks, and its not right. I call them up, yeah, it should be boosting more the 6psi, i was like no ****, its a ko4 suppose to be making 25psi. I dont even take it home, turn around, take the car back, and get a rental. I spin the rentals tire leaving the place. I get a call the next morning, your cars fixed. I go up to get it, now, this time, Its making 30psi+ , i was like wtf?The scewed the wastegate wide open. I was mad, i turn around to go back, only to thank my ecu for correcting this so i didnt have to let my car there for them to destroy. (btw-30psi+ on a ko4 in feburary makes alot of power). My car will never see sheilds audi again, and i doubt they will work on it again too, after my dad and i were done with them.
Not meaning to pick man... but PARAGRAPH. Lol

Aside from that... don't you just hate dealers? So obviously it's all fixed now?

Old 08-22-2005, 06:17 PM
1st Gear

got the typo thanks!

Old 08-23-2005, 03:29 AM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: Crazyhorse

got the typo thanks!
np