Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Prop HR4437

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 01:15 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Prop HR4437

ORIGINAL: Toff_the_Toffee

My sis is a US citizen, and has been for 13 years. IF I wanted to gain citizenship through her, it would only take about 15 years. Thats really easy.
It's a big deal to change citizenship, so it should be a pain in the ***. Do you think it would be easy for me to become German or Swiss? The US is no different than other places and many times it is actually easier.

Old 04-03-2006, 02:07 PM
3rd Gear

Well just pointing out that it isn't easy, regardless. I agree it should be hard to change citizenship, but you saying it's nat all that hard is wrong from what i have gathered.

Old 04-03-2006, 02:18 PM
Senior Administrator

My sis is a US citizen, and has been for 13 years. IF I wanted to gain citizenship through her, it would only take about 15 years. Thats really easy.
As my BFAM, I'd feel compelled to vouch for you... But, that might get you deported EVEN SOONER!!! So, you might not wanna ever mention knowing me

Old 04-03-2006, 03:23 PM
4th Gear

but you saying it's nat all that hard is wrong from what i have gathered.
I didn't say that it was easy. In fact, I said that my own experience with it was a pain in the ***. I scrolled back up and saw where apg said that it was easy to become a legal immigrant, which is different from full citizenship. To say that it is "easier" to become a US citizen than to become a citizen of many other countries around the world is relative. In many countries you simply have no shot at all.

Old 04-03-2006, 05:54 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

^^^which is a GOOD idea because, as it NOW stands, they "keep" them, like a colloctors set. First officer to get 50 wins a *new* patrol car...

Maybe
LOL! I just about fell out of my chair on that one... Some good reading in this post...

Old 04-03-2006, 06:44 PM
4th Gear

I love it that the ads for "Apply for US citizenship now!" have appeared on the thread because of this topic.

Click on the net and you're on your way.

Old 04-03-2006, 08:17 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: pturbo

I love it that the ads for "Apply for US citizenship now!" have appeared on the thread because of this topic.

Click on the net and you're on your way.

LOL.. i noticed that too....

Old 04-04-2006, 12:24 AM

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

^^^which is a GOOD idea because, as it NOW stands, they "keep" them, like a colloctors set. First officer to get 50 wins a *new* patrol car...

I think what you're referring to is that, under the new guidelines LOCAL municipalities will be able to prosecute local imigre as *criminals* as opposed to handling them as indigents, as they do now. But, honestly, what will they do with them, then? Hold them locally? Transfer them up to county lock-up? WHat then? Transfer to Federal, thence to a "border" holding facility until deported? Or, do we start building *new* facilities for holding these MILLIONS of new-found criminals? And, WHO, exactly, do you think is going to PAY for all this new enforcement? Pay for all the transportation and guarding of these new found criminals" Pay for the extra court personnel necessary to prosecurt these new found criminals? *NEW* legislation requires *NEW* funding. WHERE do you think the *NEW* money comes from? Lemmee guess, YOU believe all we hafta do is print MORE, right?

There are two ways to deal with ANY problem, be it natural, man-made, real, imagined, legislative, prolateriat, hydro-dynamic, epidemic, WHATEVER, and that is to treat the symptoms OR treat the cause. The legislation YOU'RE in favor of treats the symptoms, and, I'm sure, serves the needs of the constituents of what ever legislators proposed and seconded the legislation in question. Or, more specifically, serves the needs of some BUSINESS in the region that elected whatever legislators proposed and seconded the legislation in question. America's largest uniform supplier to border guards and prison bus drivers, maybe... As they say in law enforcement, "follow the money" and you'll find the culprit. This "wall," or "fence," or watever barrier is proposed? I'd be willing to bet that, if you were to do your homework you'd find that some company that has a MAJOR stake in wall, or fence, or barrier erection, is not only IN the state/region that the bills proponents are FROM, but, prolly pumped a fair anmount of $$$ INTO the reelection campaigns of the proponents of the bills original proponents, too!

Do a l'il looking APG, prove me wrong... Oh, and, stop being a knee-jerk reactionary alluh time. I realize you're young, but, you profess to have the capacity for independent, rational thought. So, why doncha, every so often. Us old guys dint get to be old by happenstance, you know (well, not ALL of us). Deja MOO comes into play. We've seen a lot of thos BULL before

Maybe
U make good points but u incld. clurt. with this there is not court, get caught go DIRECTLY back. No chance for a trial, why would they, they dont have the same rights that a U.S. citizen would have. That would cut the cost alot. U can yell and bitch all u wnat. But i have thought this through enough to decide which way i will vote when this (or if) on the ballot. U can use all these hypothetical, but they are not going to make new buildings or hire more (if they do not many) people. They are nearly giving more rights to those whom already inforce them. The major cost is gonna be building the fence and the new cameras (yes we do already have many on the border)

Old 04-04-2006, 12:30 AM

ORIGINAL: abacab
ORIGINAL: apg96
Why not become a legal immigrant (which isnt as hard as u think) and vote, so u can have a say in this.
I have a number of friends that are having a very difficult and expensive time getting legal status and permenent resident aliens. So I'm not sure what you are talking about. I have 3 friends from Turkey, one from Germany, one from Brazil, one from Australia, one from New Zealand and one from Canada. Non of them are 'illegal' they all have proper temporary work visas....but getting from temporary to permenent takes up to 5 years and is extremely expensive. Basically an employeer has to sponsor you...you are stuck with that employeer, and if they can chose not to sponsor you when it comes time that your temporary work visa has run out. This happens often.

So, please talk facts. WHen you say it is easy to become a 'legal immigrant' you are sharing an opinion...you obviously don't have any facts to back that up.

Most of your examples seem to be aimed at people of latin decent...seems a bit on the prejudice side.
[quote]

Plz read the topic i said nothing about being a citizen, which i agree is difficult, i said merely get a visa to be in the country. 3 ppl at work today we renewing their visa's for the US. And im not aiming this at any race im am saying this to any ILLEGAL immigrant that is in this country at the moment.