Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

promotions suck

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 01:30 PM
Default promotions suck

boss just talked to me and wants to promote me too a new position, i love my job i come in at 7 leave at 3 sit around and surf the web for 8 hours. all my bills get paid and i have time to do dumb things like bitch to companies about when there mail in rebate comes in. i hate change, change is bad. i think ill come in late for the first day of my promotion and then come in still drunk. maybe he'll give me back my old job. i thought he would take a hint ive been avoiding him about talking on this new position.

change is terrible, it was all so simple

Old 06-01-2005, 01:33 PM
Default RE: promotions suck

oh yeah it was pretty funny the whole time he was talking to me i was still navigating around the audiforums

Old 06-01-2005, 01:49 PM
2nd Gear

my job is to sit around all day and get paid, and bossman is out of town most of the time

Old 06-01-2005, 03:24 PM
1st Gear

If you don't want the job then tell your boss you don't want the promotion. I don't think he would want to promote someone who doesn't want the position. Will you be content in your current job and continue getting paid what you are making now for the rest of your life? If the answer is no, then maybe a promotion and something a bit more challenging is what you need. I'm not saying take a job you know you will hate. For example, I work in the tech world and have constantly shunned a management position because I know I would hate it. At the same time, I better myself in the tech field. I do this for personal satisfaction. As a result, I've been promoted. While this sometimes entails more challenging work, I can say with certainty that I enjoy it. As an added bonus, they pay me more. Sometimes change seems overwhelming, but once its done and you're in the swing of things, it typically isn't so bad. My 2 cents.

Old 06-01-2005, 03:45 PM

dammit someone always has be be logical and make sense

Old 06-01-2005, 03:56 PM
2nd Gear

Real World sux doesent it? HAHAHA

Old 06-01-2005, 03:58 PM
Senior Administrator

Promotions are better than laterals (what I'm living, right now), which usually come with MORE work/responsibilities, but NO raise in pay...

Old 06-01-2005, 04:21 PM
1st Gear

Congratulations on getting offered the promotion. I assume this means not just more recognition/responsibility but a more reasonable compensation deal as well. I’ve never really heard anyone complain about a promotion because after all, I think that’s what people strive for. Hopefully, you’re in your job because you’re good at it and you actually enjoy it. If you want to do everyone a favor, I agree with jukeit that you should consider talking to the boss to let him know that a promotion is not really something that you want, at least right now. Maybe there’s so much more for you to learn in your current position, and maybe because you have a specific position that you’re looking forward to fill in the future within the firm. Being honest with your boss can only gain you points for the future. Hopefully, enough promotions and soon enough, you won't have to worry about any more rebates.

Whatever the case may be, best of luck.

Old 06-01-2005, 05:04 PM

nah none of that im just lazy. more money is always good but now i have to work not play on the audiforum all day.

Old 06-01-2005, 06:56 PM
2nd Gear

yep change sucks.
........my job was only 5 min away from me. then last week upermanagement made oh about 250 moves. me being one of them now i have to travel 45 min to work. no chane in pay or statis of my work just i am going to paying for a lot more gas. the wort part is that 40 or so people lived close by to there work and didn't have a car or licence. these people still got moved and were told to show up at there new site or be out of a job. i belive 15 people just quit because of it and a few more steped down to remain where they are. poor decision by management

Quick Reply: promotions suck