Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Progress on the Type-R...

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 05:17 PM
Senior Administrator
Default RE: Progress on the Type-R...

Well, not being an actual pilot, but, knowing a l'il bit abouta lotta stuff...

IFR (Instrumented Flight Rules): Meteorological conditions that are less than VFR. IE: ceilings less than 1,000 feet and visibility less than 3 statute miles.

VFR (Visual Flight Rules): Ceilings more than 1,000 feet and visibility three miles or greater.

CLICK HERE

Old 01-03-2006, 05:26 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: ZedEx

IFR?
It's so you can drive your 800whp car with 120% tint on the front windshield on a dark and foggy road.

Old 01-03-2006, 06:25 PM
2nd Gear

Just curious... what does the rest of the car look like?

Old 01-03-2006, 07:10 PM
4th Gear

he could always get a SVFR waver and do it that way, j/k never mind.

Old 01-03-2006, 07:11 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: pturbo

IFR?
It's so you can drive your 800whp car with 120% tint on the front windshield on a dark and foggy road.

and I thought it was cus his head was in the clouds.

Old 01-03-2006, 11:58 PM
2nd Gear

The car is 100% stock on the exterior... No tint, nothing on the outside or ricey on the inside at all. Stock Integra Type-R Exhaust, the car is silent as stock, and some Rota GT3 wheels, light 15" wheels wrapped in Yokohama ES100s. Why am I catching these ricer jokes when I'm the furthest thing from a ricer?

Old 01-04-2006, 12:44 AM
2nd Gear

cuz u drive a honda...

dont worry mon, 800 hp in a car that came with less than 150 is extremly respectable!!

in the world today fwd = rice... its a shame, but its true, and somthing we gotta deal with

nice motor though...

Old 01-04-2006, 12:49 AM
3rd Gear

Well, the project was coming along fine, the other shell was in the paint shop getting sprayed, I had some money aside for a new Suspension... Then going for a normal drive (Well, normal for me) down to the beach, and I was feeling extra comfortable with beating on the car for some reason. Came out of a turn, and floored it, turned it 10,000RPM... And that's when I heard it, *BANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG* Oil Pressure went through the roof, and I knew what had happened... I had thrown a Rod Bearing.

I limped her home, and shut her down... This is when the project turns to the fun part. 20 minutes later, it's on the back of the flat bed heading over to MADSPEED (Local Honda/Acura Performance Shop... A friend of mine owns/operates it, so he always hears from me when fun stuff like this happens, haha). The motor is pulled, and the bottom end comes off... Everything's fine aside from ONE bearing that looked like it had never been changed with the others... No idea why not. Anyway, we changed blocks and I got a GSR bottom end with CTR Pistons (Civic Type-R, bumps Compression Ratio up to 13:1... Not a bad increase in power mind you), there goes my Suspension money, and now I've got some work to do. So we figured we may as well start tearing down the car for the shell change. So it's been an interesting past 3 days, I've gotten an average of 2 hours of sleep a day, and this is just the beginning of the project... God help me. [:@]

So we spent New Years Eve working on our cars until 5 in the Morning... Then I had a few drinks to knock off some of the stress. Fell asleep watching Dazed and Confused at a friends house while I had to listen to him and his girl get "busy" for an hour or so in the other room. Finally dragged my *** out of bed at 9:00, went back to my house grabbed a change of clothes, and headed over to help germancarmaniac change his Timing Belt... Stayed there until 1:30pm or so, and headed back to MADSPEED and worked until 12:00pm over there... Went back over to my friends house and stayed there until 3:00am helping him with his project... Went home, got some sleep, woke back up at 8:00am, headed BACK over to MADSPEED and had to get the wheel bearing changed on the hub I gave him... Came home at 11:00am, and slept until 9:00pm.
Sounds pretty mean.

ps: That's sounds like a MUCH better New Years Eve than I had.

Old 01-04-2006, 12:54 AM
2nd Gear

FWD = Rice? What about all the Mustangs, Camaros, and plenty of other RWD cars driving around with more ricer accesories than most FWDs around? Rice has spread out to other cars now, a least us Honda guys are taking all the attack now.

Haha, what was wrong with your New Years Ever man?

Old 01-04-2006, 01:18 AM
3rd Gear

HOTNESS! sounds good keep us posted

Quick Reply: Progress on the Type-R...