Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Procrastinators Unite

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 10:04 AM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP
Default RE: Procrastinators Unite

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

I'll.... Ummm... join later
ditto on that ^^

you are sooooooo funny.

actually i think there are some benefits to procrastination. you goofoff for as long as you can, then there is a point where decide,"ok, this is it!"and BAM.....you do what is necessary to complete the task. people who are not talented procrastinators can perform like this, but are not able to produce quality. the true procrastinator can wait till the very last minute and crank out perfection. it teaches you how to perform under pressure.....and isn't that what life is all about?

does thatmake sense and sensabiblty?

Old 02-11-2008, 10:30 AM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: S4sweetee
ditto on that ^^

you are sooooooo funny.

actually i think there are some benefits to procrastination. you goof off for as long as you can, then there is a point where decide, "ok, this is it!" and BAM.....you do what is necessary to complete the task. people who are not talented procrastinators can perform like this, but are not able to produce quality. the true procrastinator can wait till the very last minute and crank out perfection. it teaches you how to perform under pressure.....and isn't that what life is all about?

does that make sense and sensabiblty?
It sorta makes sense kelly.. but either way I don't think its the smartest thing to do. I mean I write papers the SAME day they're due and get A's. But sometimes outside things alter my ability to complete what I need to complete last second, other things in life come up. Thats why doing stuff a couple days before its due is usually smart, especially if you can still produce a similar quality of work and impress your boss your ****** that 'A'.. Procrastinating has its ups and downs, but IDK. Its sorta f*cking me over in school at the moment. I got to catch up.[>:]

Old 02-11-2008, 10:41 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Redgoatâ„¢

Why do today what you could put off till tomorrow
What is today but yesterdays tomarrow??..yea i got that from spongebob when i was procrastinating

Old 02-11-2008, 11:34 AM
6th Gear

Sign me up, I can procrastinate with the best of them.

Old 02-11-2008, 01:42 PM
1st Gear

Funny reading this im sitting in the Uconn library right now trying to write a paper on John Locke and the enlightenment as we speak.

Old 02-11-2008, 01:45 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: loopin

Funny reading this im sitting in the Uconn library right now trying to write a paper on John Locke and the enlightenment as we speak.

Haha, good luck with that. Although I did find Locke to be one of the more easier to read philanthropists of that era. At least what he talked about made sense. Im dealing with Hegel and Schelling right now. I could probably spout some good knowledge on Locke. What's your paper on?

Old 02-11-2008, 04:29 PM

procrastination ftmfw!

My last 3.5 years of college (yearround: that means summer and winter classes too) has been a huge procrastination...and on top of just procratinating assignments I am procrastinating graduation, I have taken all of my upper division stuff (pretty much)...and now I am taking classes that don't even apply anymore....I think I just like school (weird I know)...college after a while becomes more of a technique then a path of knowlege...you kinda figure out when to and not to take notes...get to know your teachers to the point where they become predictable...if you are good like I am you can get your teachers home phone and personal e-mail, you will find them much more lax if you don't talk about their class, go visit your teachers during office hours and make small talk! I guess the funny thing is that I am now a teacher, just started a few weeks ago, and I think everything is really falling into place...

procrastination for life!

all you really need to do is learn to write fluff and type fast! 5 pages in less than an hour and you are set! (it usually takes longer for me to setup my bibliography (works cited) than it does to wiret the paper...lol

so, where do I sign?

Old 02-11-2008, 06:25 PM
1st Gear

Ok, so here I go again with an attempt to finish this paper. I think it might be necessary to turn off the wireless port on my laptop so I am not tempted to stumble back onto Audi related websites.

Old 02-11-2008, 06:36 PM
5th Gear

I suppose I should probably join. I almost always end up doing my Algebra at either 11:30 at night, or 7:00 in the morning the day it's due.

I usually put off writing papers until the night before it's due, but once I sit down and start, I can actually get work done.

Old 02-11-2008, 08:09 PM
2nd Gear

All I can say is test week for us engineers... I hate my life [:@]

Quick Reply: Procrastinators Unite