Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Problems with CPO cars from Rusnak Audi

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 07:53 AM
1st Gear
Default Problems with CPO cars from Rusnak Audi

So I bought a CPO from Rusnak Audi, 2001 Audi S4. After it was CPO'ed I had to have MANY things replaced, seat heaters, trunk fixtues, temp sensors, oxygen sensors, and many things. Recently, I found out the full size spare I had in the back, which they provided has a BLOWN, yes completely blown tire on it. Next I found out I have two tearing CV boots and tire rod ends that need replace ( not covered under my warranty I was told) Then I find out there is a foreign fluid in my brake resevior and need to be replaced and flushed ( when being CPO'ed Rusnak made note that there was a foreign fluid there and needed to be flushed: 13,000 miles later since I purchased the car the fluid is still there and I have done no work on the car and have had no brake work performed on the car leaving me to believe they never did the flush. so I have to pay for that as well). And then find out there is a caliper brake screw missing that holds the caliper in place which inturn cracked my brake lines ( as I said I have no work done and last time I had my car at audi to check the brakes and brake pads, i was told everything was A-OK) now I have been told that is not covered until my CPO either, yet I have NEVER had any work done regarding the brakes on my car on Rusnak where I bought my car (brake flush...supposedly) and Mission Viejo Audi (checked my brakes) yet I am being blammed saying I did it and they are not responsible and I have to pay for all this out of pocket, and the warranty won't cover.

I have had the car for about 8 months, 13000 miles and had to pay over $1500 out of pocket, this is not including oil changes etc. I feel the CPO is worthless and that my car never truely passed or went through CPO and now having all these problems. Rusnak and mission viejo will not help with any of this and I am getting the run around.

Does ANYONE have any suggestions on what I should do or know a good lawyer?! Or has anyone had similiar problems from these dealers or any other ones?

thanks for any help!!!

TK

Old 05-02-2006, 10:51 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Problems with CPO cars from Rusnak Audi

I would go straight to the source first. Contact Audi corp. and explain the situation to them and see what they have to say about it. If for no other reason but to give them a chance to right a wrong. If they dont help (probably wont), then I would contact a lawyer and see if maybe it qualifies as a lemon.

http://www.oag.state.ny.us/consumer/cars/usedqa.html