Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

predict the next wave in reality TV shows

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 07:45 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: predict the next wave in reality TV shows

next reality show will be "The IT GUY" where they follow around an IT guy and watch him fix pc problems for the comapny and complain how he's underpaid, underappreciated, and how stupid users are....[sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 05-20-2005, 08:14 AM
Senior Administrator

Here's MY concept:

You take 10 Rednecks from the swamps of AlaBamy, and 10 Crackheads from the Bronx. Drop each group off in the OTHER groups' AO with, say, $100.00, and whoever make it to their home state-line ALIVE, first, wins... Strap GPS-enabeled cameras to their heads so that so real people (ie cameramen/women) are endangered.

I think it would go over BIG...

Old 05-20-2005, 08:36 AM
rs
2nd Gear

hahaha ur creativity is awesome, reminds me of me before i met drugs [>:]

i think it would be a tie, and both loose. the crack heads would find the local drug dealers and by crack. the rednecks would buy booze.

Old 05-20-2005, 11:29 AM
1st Gear

It will be a reality show on how much time and the ways reality shows changed the way people watch tv.

Old 05-20-2005, 02:19 PM
2nd Gear

Pauly Shore goes back to high school.

Old 05-20-2005, 05:26 PM
Administrator

AWDaholic u are one creative person

Old 05-20-2005, 05:36 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: PandaXpress

i saw the taping of a reality TV show and the directors where telling the people how to act and stuff i was like wow this real and it was well choreographed
At first, reality tv was pretty 'real' accept that they put people in situations that they never would have been in. I guess you could call it unscripted tv. then it created it's own altered reality...kind of like einstien...lets call it relative reality....still somewhat unscripted.

Now we have coaching, manipulation, sponsor suggestions....and on and on....

TV execs like to play it safe...so much on the line...the franchising of tv....you get one good show..lets say a 60 mins...then you have dateline, 48 hours etc etc etc...then you have 60 mins wed, dateline 3 times a week......law and order...law and order xxxx csi miami, csi toledo, csi saganaw...it may never end...

lets hope creativity becomes the new black.

Old 05-22-2005, 02:51 PM
Senior Administrator

I saw a C&W rapper the other night on one of the late nite talk shows (don't remember which)... The world is conming to an end!!!

Old 05-22-2005, 05:40 PM

have to admit i watch some of those shows. My favorite right now is the Contender (boxing) but mostly b/c i like boxing. I would like to see a show about someone becoming a race car driver.

Old 05-22-2005, 05:51 PM
5th Gear

being from cali, i know a couple people who have been on mtv shows...a friend of mine was on elimidate and she said they told her what to say, how to answer others' questions, and even who to pick at the end of the show....my cousin was on road rules, and then the real world/road rules challenge, and they're even worse...the directors tell them to say certain things, pick certain people for their "gauntlet" thing...they were "STRONGLY encouraged" to instigate arguments between cast members, hook up with other cast members, and told when to fail and when to complete their missions...reality television is GARBAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: predict the next wave in reality TV shows