Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Pre-ordered my xbox 360 tonight!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 04:31 PM
dan
2nd Gear
Default RE: Pre-ordered my xbox 360 tonight!

ORIGINAL: rayveedub

anybody here anything about the release date yet. Its funny i paid for something that i have no idea when ill get it. there is also speculation that there will not be enough for the xmas rush, im thinking about buying a few and reselling on ebay, i did that with a 2 slim ps2 last year and made 100 bucks on each via ebay. i know its slimeballish but whatever i had a merry x-mas. the funny thing was how thankful people were for overpaying me for them. i couldnt figure it out
Where did you order yours from? eB Games isn't charging us until they ship the unit. Bestbuy has already pre-sold their 1st 3 shipments and considering the release is due for mid Nov I think there is a *very* good chance there won't be an instore unit until well after xmas.

I've thought about buying a few and bouncing them off ebay myself, I will def put this unit on ebay if it arrives a week early like our original xbox did from eB Games. (they are always sending crap out early, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!)

Old 08-24-2005, 04:36 PM
dan
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

It's not the politicians ALONE phugking it up. The DAMN lawyers are the ones who dream up those RIDICULOUS defenses... "The poor kid was influenced by RAP music and violent VIDEO GAMES to do those heinous things to his pet hamster. It's not his fault. We're gonna sue his father, too, for teh tiny d!<& he inherited, and the doctor who operated on him to remove the hamster from his hiney!!! Society must PAY for what THEY'VE done to this poor kid." Take teh kid out back and WHUP HIS @$$, I say. Do it EARLY and OFTEN!!!

Seriously, parents NEmore expect the schools to raise their kids, and THAT'S not what schools are for... Oh schitt!!! I just realized Im standing up here on my soapbox, preachin'. Sorry. You may go back to surfin for **** now

Well said! I don't have kids myself yet but have grown up with lots of babies from other family members, all of which are good decent kids (most of the time anyway! heh) but they get into trouble if THEY do something bad noone else gets blamed.

in the US inparticular the lawsuit issue holds true. Back in australia its not such a big deal (or wasnt when i left 4 years ago) because its harder to get the bogus lawsuits into court letalone win them for that huge payday

Old 08-24-2005, 05:18 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: Redgoat

wreckless driving..
Driving w/o a Wreck... You'd think that would be a GOOD thing, huh?

Old 08-24-2005, 05:41 PM

i put a 50$ deposit on it at ebgames. They told me thats the only way they will guarentee you will get it on the release date. Im in baltimore maybe its different where your at.

Old 08-24-2005, 06:29 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: dan

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

It's not the politicians ALONE phugking it up. The DAMN lawyers are the ones who dream up those RIDICULOUS defenses... "The poor kid was influenced by RAP music and violent VIDEO GAMES to do those heinous things to his pet hamster. It's not his fault. We're gonna sue his father, too, for teh tiny d!<& he inherited, and the doctor who operated on him to remove the hamster from his hiney!!! Society must PAY for what THEY'VE done to this poor kid." Take teh kid out back and WHUP HIS @$$, I say. Do it EARLY and OFTEN!!!

Seriously, parents NEmore expect the schools to raise their kids, and THAT'S not what schools are for... Oh schitt!!! I just realized Im standing up here on my soapbox, preachin'. Sorry. You may go back to surfin for **** now

Well said! I don't have kids myself yet but have grown up with lots of babies from other family members, all of which are good decent kids (most of the time anyway! heh) but they get into trouble if THEY do something bad noone else gets blamed.

in the US inparticular the lawsuit issue holds true. Back in australia its not such a big deal (or wasnt when i left 4 years ago) because its harder to get the bogus lawsuits into court letalone win them for that huge payday

I can't point it out enough. We all remember Sesame Street right? What's it changed to now... and why?

Old 08-25-2005, 03:38 AM
Administrator

Check you said it was changed to Seasame Park.. because those damn retarded little kids with bad parents.. I was channel flipping and saw it on but it still said street.. maybe it was a old episode

Old 08-25-2005, 04:13 AM
4th Gear

yeah, that woulda been an old episode, definatly not allowed to be street anymore. too hardcore and suggestive.

Old 08-25-2005, 12:54 PM

hey dan do you have a hdtv? if not i think it would be smarter to hold off on the 360 until you get one and hopefully the rediculous prices would have gone down some. It really isnt offering any games that the old box dosent have. but if your like me and have to get the newest thing as soon as it comes out i totally understand.

Old 08-25-2005, 12:58 PM
3rd Gear

What are the launch titles for 360?

Old 08-25-2005, 01:16 PM

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox360/gameslist.htm