Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 10:11 AM
Tech Guru

^ R dey chocolat chipz?

Old 12-04-2009, 11:15 PM
Senior Administrator

Chocho-chip, Oatmeal-raisin, Snicker-doodle, AND Ginger-Bread!!!

Old 12-05-2009, 11:09 AM
5th Gear

Haha, it's a bloody P-car! You shouldn't even have it in traffic! Get a manny. Hell, if you get a 4S you'll have saved enough money from passing on the Turbo to buy yourself a TT with a DSG. :P

Old 03-22-2010, 12:16 PM
Banned

So I went to the Porsche dealership and I do not like the interior at all. I'm a big guy and it felt like I was in a go cart. My knees were touching the steering wheel no matter how much I pushed the seat back. It would have been impossible for me to push the clutch. I expected alot more from Porsche but I guess it's more of a race car than an all around car. The Panamera and Cayenne had enough room but I think they're too big. The others are basically impossible for me to drive. wtf?

Old 03-22-2010, 12:18 PM
4th Gear

911?

Old 03-22-2010, 01:20 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by esandes
So I went to the Porsche dealership and I do not like the interior at all. I'm a big guy and it felt like I was in a go cart. My knees were touching the steering wheel no matter how much I pushed the seat back. It would have been impossible for me to push the clutch. I expected alot more from Porsche but I guess it's more of a race car than an all around car. The Panamera and Cayenne had enough room but I think they're too big. The others are basically impossible for me to drive. wtf?
I have a friend who experienced the same thing, he is 6'4 he ended up buying a ZO6, loves it now.

Old 03-22-2010, 02:38 PM
Banned

i sat in a 2004 limited edition 911 turbo, a new 911 carrera, new boxter, new cayman, new panamera and new cayenne (or cheyenne?).

oh well. this helps to narrow my decision for a weekend warrior car. back when i was into american muscle the GM camp had me beat every race. i was a mustang man. i might just consider the corvettes but i would prefer an all wheel drive. the quattro + ESP doesn't let me fishtail around a 90 degree turn at wide open throttle. i like that. the V8 R8 is in my sights. i thought about the M3 but my wife doesn't like BMW for some reason. maybe an AMG benz too.

Old 03-22-2010, 02:58 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by esandes
i sat in a 2004 limited edition 911 turbo, a new 911 carrera, new boxter, new cayman, new panamera and new cayenne (or cheyenne?).

oh well. this helps to narrow my decision for a weekend warrior car. back when i was into american muscle the GM camp had me beat every race. i was a mustang man. i might just consider the corvettes but i would prefer an all wheel drive. the quattro + ESP doesn't let me fishtail around a 90 degree turn at wide open throttle. i like that. the V8 R8 is in my sights. i thought about the M3 but my wife doesn't like BMW for some reason. maybe an AMG benz too.
You just made me think of a 10th season episode of Top Gear where they track tested those 3 cars. Audi, M3 and Benz. They said you'd be lucky just to arrive alive in the Benz.

Ya know, I'm just not a fan of BMW's, everywhere I look I see someone driving them.

Corvette's are great, but if you drive one for the purpose of not racing it everywhere, get ready for a sore rear end.

If you get a chance go test drive an R8 make sure you do it with the windows down, I think you'll fall in love with the exhaust note.

Now if I could afford one, I'd be driving one. But I have three major purchases lined up over the next year so no expensive sport cars for me.

Old 03-22-2010, 03:01 PM
2nd Gear

Is it just me, or does anyone else think of the Terminator movies when they look at an R8 head on?

Old 03-23-2010, 01:19 PM
2nd Gear

Quick Reply: Porsche