Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes, its laugh out loud funny
56.25%
No, your gay and why did you post a poll.
43.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: This is why I hate Volvo : )

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 05:05 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: Poll: This is why I hate Volvo : )

ORIGINAL: PandaXpress

i love the S40, the style and the performance potential (it dont matter its a ford now)
hey Spence wut kinda of AWD system is it, it is full time and wuts the power split

this car looks nice and its estimated at 400+HP
http://www.seriouswheels.com/top-200...-S40-Sedan.htm
the AWD system on the S40 is pretty damn slick IMO. It has a harcore front wheel bias and tries to put down 95% of it's power to the front wheels, constantly varying the power if there is slippage.
it's pretty damn fuel efficient, and operates like a sweet AWD system when pushed hard the rear differential is actually controled by a valve sytem detecting clutch slippage... not full computer. so when it slips... it's instant... and when it stops slipping... it's back to normal. no computing needed. as i said, as much as 95% of the power can go down to the front wheels... but depending on how much those front wheels are slipping... thus how much those valves are open... all 100% of the power can actually go to the rear wheels.

that volvo is the volvo from evolve. that 400+ hp is... all hype. evolve doesn't have the rep of meeting those specs. it's more around 300hp if i'm not mistaken.

Old 09-20-2005, 12:07 PM

The S40 uses a Haldex awd system. As far as its size, I'm 6'3" and I fit in the S40.

Old 09-20-2005, 06:42 PM
4th Gear

i've tried and cant get my legs under the steering wheel. not even a bmw 5 series is big enough, now my a4 and suprisingly the new mini have ample room, and in the mini and new a4 I have to acctualy scoot the seat forward. thats a nice luxury for someone that has to buy cars based alot on drivers seat size.

Old 09-20-2005, 06:49 PM
1st Gear

jesus flyboy, what are your demensions????

Old 09-20-2005, 06:49 PM
2nd Gear

volvo penta for the win...

Cha ching.

Old 09-20-2005, 08:18 PM
4th Gear

it been about a year sence i've sat in one so they may have changed it but. As for my size. i'm between 6'2" and 6'4" depending witch stop and rob i'm leaving. and more than that I'm 240 lbs. and a majority of that is in my legs. used to be simi pro bike rider. I don't like driving my moms 02 GS300 cus I feel like i'm cramed into it and my dads 01 chevy 2500 isn't that much better. Also finding a car that I can get my size 16 clown shoes under the dash has become an issue. have you ever been driving and your heel and toe of the same foot get stuck between the bottom of the dash and the floor, very scary.

Old 09-20-2005, 10:26 PM
Senior Administrator

Well, unlike SOME ^^^gigantasaurs^^^ (I meant that in a gud way, Flyboy) I'm normL sized. In my D2, if I put the seat ALL the way back the vehicle controls are in an different county... Maybe you should switch to an 8!!!

Old 09-20-2005, 10:36 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Talis

Who thinks this has to be the funniest post on AF?
wow bud, get a life. You havent been around here that long and ur tryin to re-light the fire in my pants? What a B*tch. thats all I have to say to that... Have a nice day. Hope you feel good about ur self.

-bean

Old 09-20-2005, 10:40 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Beaner

ORIGINAL: Talis

Who thinks this has to be the funniest post on AF?
wow bud, get a life. You havent been around here that long and ur tryin to re-light the fire in my pants? What a B*tch. thats all I have to say to that... Have a nice day. Hope you feel good about ur self.

-bean
im terrified and im not re lighting it i made it while the whole argument was going on. and about the how long i was here thing?

i joined 4/29/2005? wait does that make sense? wait so ive been here longer then you ?

Old 09-20-2005, 10:47 PM
1st Gear

what does that have to do with it? I dont care if u have been here a day! I've never seen "talis" before and all a sudden out of nowwhere you start sh*t with me! Why dont u take ur rude comments somewhere else. If you make your self feel better by doing this to me, then have at, because I could give a rats A$$.

But I'll stop there. Im a better perosn than this. If you must so, do continue flame'n me, I'll just leave the forums. This website "was fun" but now its an inconvience with maleicious people like you. Do ME a favor, and leave me alone. Thanks

-bean

Quick Reply: Poll: This is why I hate Volvo : )