Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Police!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 12:05 AM
3rd Gear
Default Police!!!

My friends took my car for a couple of hours and i got it back with... guess what??? Tinted windows )) That is a good part.
The bad one is on the way back my friend was driving to me on the road by speed limit, very carefully, then he saw the same color s4 driving much faster than he and in a couple of second s4 got disappeared. A couple of sec later the police pulled him over. They were saying that he was driving unsafe, and was going over the speedlimit. So he got 2 tickets for illegal lane usage and for a speeding. On his question to a policeman about to watch the camera and look on the license plate, that policeman was trying to give some stupid excuses like you have to turn your camera first and bla bla bla...andat the end the answer was : "Dont argue with me". So he got 2 tickets for nothing, just because some s4 with the same color and tinted windows (at night looks almost the same) was driving crazy.
Did anyone have something like this? What should he do in a courthouse? Any suggestions? Thanks!!!

Old 02-03-2007, 12:49 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Police!!!

Fight it, hard.

Old 02-03-2007, 12:50 AM
2nd Gear

No offense to your friend, but that sounds like a line of total bullsh!t. I mean come on... Seriously. Another S4 driving past him (uncommon), ofthe same body style (unlikely),in the same color (impropable), and also with tinted windows and any other identifying trim? Inconceivable. My guess is your friend was out joy-riding and driving like a dumbass, and he concocted this "identical in every way S4" story to make it look to you like he wasn't out thrashing your car. My advice to him in the courtroom is todrop the lame assed, totally transparentstory, fess up and pay the fine like a man. No judge is going to believe that a relatively rare car like an S4 (rare compared to most cars, I probably don't see more than three or four a month) just happened to be speeding past that exact same car in the exact same color, and miraculously right as a cop was there to ticket one of them.

I could have come up with a better lie than that when I was 12.

Old 02-03-2007, 01:24 AM
Administrator

I agree with you SS.. totaly sounds fake.

Old 02-03-2007, 01:28 AM

BTW, all of the blame is on the driver and not on the car, so your FRIEND is the one who needs to convince the judge. Good luck!

Old 02-03-2007, 02:25 AM
1st Gear

YO SS im the one who drove the car. i got a lot of tickets in my friends cars so why would i make a stupid exucuse. and the tickets i got was improper lane usage and going 47 on 35 that only 12 miles over which is not a lot, so y the **** i would make an excuse i would just tell my friend yhay i fucked up, so plz no one asked u for ur opinion, just asked for advice. If any one knows if cops keep their cameras rolling all the time because i can use that in court against the cop

Old 02-03-2007, 02:46 AM

yeah SS why so harsh?

there are 2 S4s within a mile of where I live that look d*mn near identical. Not that rare of a car.

still though, tickets are given to driver so i'd say best of luck to whoever was driving my car. keep me out of it!

Old 02-03-2007, 02:52 AM
Senior Administrator

Usually the camera, IF it's installed (nt all municipalities can afford the thousands-per-car it costs to wire a unit for vid & sound), is pretty much always-on. But, and this is the kicker, the Officer has to WANT the vid to be saved. If he doesn't download that night, when he RTB's, it'll be recorded over by the dohnut-junkie who takes teh unit out, next shift. YOU have NO WAY of knowing IF that happened, do you? If yoou think it was on, and recording, fight the ticket. When Johnny-Law whips it out in court, and plays it for the judge, your proof will be RIGHT THERE! Otherwise, it your word against a well-respected (by the courts, at least) member of teh criminal justice system... Guess who the Judge'll believe more?

Old 02-03-2007, 04:35 AM
3rd Gear

Thanks guys, but I believe my friend, there is no point for him to lie. So yeah, for those who doesn't know what s4 or a4 is they look almost the same.
DIMAUDI Welcome!!!

Old 02-03-2007, 07:10 AM
5th Gear

i'm with silver...as soon as i read this line i knew exactly where this story was going:

"then he saw the same color s4 driving much faster than he"

Quick Reply: Police!!!