Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

pilots

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 03:41 PM
Default pilots

pilot gets arrested in the UK for being drunk, about to board the plain to the USA "bloody shocking"[:@]

Old 02-11-2006, 06:56 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: pilots

Scary!....puts all in perspective with drunk vehicle drivers. You have to be sober for 24 hours before flying an aircraft...guess not the case on the roads.

Old 02-11-2006, 07:01 PM
1st Gear

pps.....whats the most dangerous part in a vehicle......the nut behind the steering wheel....thank God for ESP.

Old 02-11-2006, 07:25 PM
18T
4th Gear

Your post is a bit missleading, crusader.

LOL you should hear the stories my instructor use to tell me about his days at embry.. makes me wonder

this is what teh FAR's say:

PART 91--GENERAL OPERATING AND FLIGHT RULES

Sec. 91.17

Alcohol or drugs.

(a) No person may act or attempt to act as a crewmember of a civil aircraft--
(1) Within 8 hours after the consumption of any alcoholic beverage;
(2) While under the influence of alcohol;
(3) While using any drug that affects the person's faculties in any way contrary to safety; or
(4) While having .04 percent by weight or more alcohol in the blood.
(b) Except in an emergency, no pilot of a civil aircraft may allow a person who appears to be intoxicated or who demonstrates by manner or physical indications that the individual is under the influence of drugs (except a medical patient under proper care) to be carried in that aircraft.
(c) A crewmember shall do the following:
(1) On request of a law enforcement officer, submit to a test to indicate the percentage by weight of alcohol in the blood, when--
(i) The law enforcement officer is authorized under State or local law to conduct the test or to have the test conducted; and
(ii) The law enforcement officer is requesting submission to the test to investigate a suspected violation of State or local law governing the same or substantially similar conduct prohibited by paragraph (a)(1), (a)(2), or (a)(4) of this section.
(2) Whenever the Administrator has a reasonable basis to believe that a person may have violated paragraph (a)(1), (a)(2), or (a)(4) of this section, that person shall, upon request by the Administrator, furnish the Administrator, or authorize any clinic, hospital, doctor, or other person to
release to the Administrator, the results of each test taken within 4 hours after acting or attempting to act as a crewmember that indicates percentage by weight of alcohol in the blood.
(d) Whenever the Administrator has a reasonable basis to believe that a person may have violated paragraph (a)(3) of this section, that person shall, upon request by the Administrator, furnish the Administrator, or authorize any clinic, hospital, doctor, or other person to release to the
Administrator, the results of each test taken within 4 hours after acting or attempting to act as a crewmember that indicates the presence of any drugs in the body.
(e) Any test information obtained by the Administrator under paragraph (c) or (d) of this section may be evaluated in determining a person's qualifications for any airman certificate or possible violations of this chapter and may be used as evidence in any legal proceeding under section
602, 609, or 901 of the Federal Aviation Act of 1958.

Old 02-11-2006, 08:41 PM
Site Moderator

I'm not sure how many times I've broken those rules, but it's a lot of fun.

Old 02-12-2006, 03:22 AM
1st Gear

Wow...."flying without wings".