Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Photography (BWW)

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 11:02 PM
Administrator
Default RE: Photography (BWW)

those are really good Toff!!!

Old 01-01-2006, 11:19 PM
3rd Gear

Cheers dude.. Still have no idea what half the buttons do! You should see how many got deleted!

Goat.. Just noticed the aviation pics.. They are top notch old chap! [8D]

Old 01-02-2006, 01:41 AM
Administrator

i think you mean Grouse

Old 01-02-2006, 12:38 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: Redgoat

i think you mean Grouse
possibly!

Old 01-02-2006, 02:57 PM
1st Gear

Countdown to new years. This one was a little blurry, but I didn't have my tripod with me at the time[:@]

Old 01-02-2006, 07:59 PM
2nd Gear

Xtreme AutoFest 2005

My personal favorites from this show.....

SEMA 04

You know, I was just seconds away from getting this Chinese chick's number so I could bang her out...... when my girlfriend at the time walked back up and hugged me. Man, that was awkward.

I will have one of these, oh yes. I will.

Composition is probably the most important factor. You can screw with color, sharpness, and cropping later, but if it's a bad angle to start with, it's always a bad angle. This one, I think, is a good angle. Post production skills are also handy, like darkening the Jada Toys bag held by the guy in the right of the frame, so as to draw less attention away from the subject. The wide angle lens also allows you to get close enought to accentuate the perspective, the wide front stance, the narrow rear. Just another thing to consider when learning composition, because you can change the "feel" of the whole shot, just by focal length, even if the car is the same size in the frame. This shot was done at 38mm, not terribly wide, but good enough to get the shot the way I wanted it.

This one was a bit blurry, so I oversharpened a bit, to give it that gritty, 256 color look. Some people like this look, others not so much, I think it has it's place.

Bored and playing with white balance on a foggy night.

Bored and picking up my friend from the strip club she used to work at.

The old look. I was kind of just filling space after getting some headlight planning shots, but I like it. The pros will complain about the lens flares and any streaking related to a singular light source, but to me it adds depth to the shot.

The white balance was just all banged up Sally style on this set, some were worse than others, this is among the "worse" set. Not sure what I need to do with it if it can be salvaged. I already played with saturation and got it to this point, it was retina burning orange before. This is an extreme example of the light streaking I mentioned above, probably too much in this case. A pro would have scrapped this shot immediately.

16 second exposures in the middle of the night are fun. I'm an over-contrasted kind of guy, though, so it works for me. Heavy post-pro on this one though. Shots like this take a lot of work to make look nice. There are still some things I want to try to make this one pop a bit more.

19x12 Work Equips with 345/30s. You wish you had these. No photography related comments here.

GT67 for Jason's Supra. Playing with contrasting. That's about it, I just liked it, probably more for what it is rather than the pic itself.

Not sure why I did this, maybe just to see what it would look like. Iono. It's cool, I guess. A nice change from the typical flower shots that people usually do when going macro.

And finally, the sun near the frame isn't always to be feared, it can come out very nice. I darkened the upper right in PhotoShop just a bit, mainly to accentuate the stark three main color attributes that made me like this on to begin with. Sillouettes strike a chord, sometimes bringing drama to an otherwise ordinary event. his front tire is perhaps two feet off of the ground at most, but the darkness adds a sense of the unknown.

More to come, but I'm being lazy right now. Comment or critique if you feel the need.

Old 01-02-2006, 08:38 PM
3rd Gear

I have no idea what you just said... But the pics look great! Love the bulb pic! (Out of all those I love the nice little bulb pic! I'm so exciting! )

Old 01-02-2006, 08:51 PM
3rd Gear

This is just one that I have always liked, taken in Italy. I'll post more later if I have any other worthy ones.

Old 01-02-2006, 10:02 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Toff_the_Toffee

I have no idea what you just said
I said, "Chinese chick, bang bang, ex-girlfriend ****-block, damn no bang bang."

And out of all the shots, you like the one that was nothing more than an afterthought? I slaved for 15 minutes to get the right shots of those sweaty dancing girls, and you like the light bulb? Damn, why do I even try?

I love this one, for whatever reason.

Others.....

Old 01-03-2006, 02:15 AM
2nd Gear

updated mine

Quick Reply: Photography (BWW)