Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Phone manners...

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 06:33 PM
SoCal Crew Member

Originally Posted by Lebe Frei
if i dont know the number thats calling me i like to answer the phone either " *insert city name here* city morg, you kill 'em we grill 'em how may i help you?" or " *insert city name here* city abortion clinic, you rape 'em we scrape 'em how may i help you?"
... yeah its pretty messed up haha
LOL..I used to answer my phone this way "Joe's slaughter house, you bring 'em I'll kill 'em"..then they just hang up.

As for telemarkerters, I just put them on hold. I heard telemarketers can't afford to stay on too long on one phone call, and they seem to just hang up after 4-5 minutes.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:17 PM

As for the telemarketers, I just pick up the phone and set it next to the on of my speakers.....after about 5 minutes I'll go get it and hang up. Pisses em off.....LOL

Old 09-24-2008, 11:32 PM
5th Gear

My cell is registered on the 'do not call' list. no telemarketers for me.

As for introductions, if I don't know the caller, or know them well, I say 'hello?', if I do know whos calling me, its usually 'YEEESSSSS????' its from an old Simpsons episode. Homer walks into a restaurant i believe, and the guy at the door says YEEEESSSS?? Homer asks if he could get a table and the guy answers, YEEESSSS!!!!. Homer says, 'why are you talking like that?' and the guy answers 'I HAD A STROOOOKE!!'

One time I called a friends house, and when I heard the phone pick up, i quickly said 'hello?' before the other end could say anything, from there it went something like this... (short version though)
him: Who is this?
me:You called me, you tell me who you are
him: what...? the phone rang I just picked it up.
me: my phone rang, now what do you want?
him: didn't you just call me? Let me go get my wife...

(I had him confused as all hell) Even after I told him who I was, and that I wanted to talk to my friend, he still went and got his wife. She called my friend in to get the phone.

Anyway, I don't think my phone manners are quite what they should be. I don't use the phone often enough.

Old 09-25-2008, 06:10 PM
2nd Gear

ok once, i used skype to make a conference call, so i called 2 of my friends, so they start talking, but they didnt know i called them, so they talked for about 5-6 minutes i was just hearing they were talking about their jobs, and other friends..... it was so funny.... lol

Old 09-25-2008, 08:01 PM
5th Gear

so, they both thought they had received a call from the other?

Old 09-25-2008, 08:05 PM
2nd Gear

couldn't resist after seeing this thread for a few days. You have NO IDEA what fvucking with people is like. I have worked in a call center for oh 7+ years. Man the **** I used to do. People are rude. One tip I would like to share with everyone when calling customer service. Don't treat the person who picks up like a piece of ****, THEY just answered the phone. "You catch more ants with sugar than with salt"

Old 09-25-2008, 10:50 PM

Wasn't it you catch more bees with honey , than vinegar ???

Old 09-25-2008, 11:34 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by achTTung
so, they both thought they had received a call from the other?
yeah, you should try this, its very funny.... lol u used skype its easy....

Old 09-25-2008, 11:59 PM
2nd Gear

YES i was hoping this thread would still be easy to find. i just got a new one!

i was at a 7-eleven wednesday and in the parking lot some dude came up to me and looked at my jeep (that says for sale on it) and says
"so youre selling it"
me "uh yeah"
guy "cool" *leans over to look at my phone number and mutters it to himself a few times* "ok awesome"
and he walked away.
this morning a restricted number called me and i answered it and the convo went like this:

me "hello"
guy "oh hey man whats up?"
me "uum nothing much... who is this"
guy "oh its chris"
me "i think you have the wrong number"
guy "no youre they guy selling the jeep right?"
me "yeah.. did you wanna come look at it or something?"
guy "no actually i was just wondering if you would take a blow job for it?"
me "ok man call me back if youre going to be serious" *click*

i wrote my number on it so people would be able to contact me if they were interested in it not so it could be used as a damn gay sex line!!!! sheesh

Old 09-26-2008, 12:03 AM
4th Gear

more on the phone stuff... if your ever out late and want someone to think your home heres what you do...

call home, hope the person is asleep... when they answer say "i got it (fill in the blank, ex. honey, babe, mom, whatever...) and they just go back to bed not thinkin about it