Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

People who deserve a punch in the throat

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 09:01 PM
Site Moderator
Default People who deserve a punch in the throat

[ul]In no particular order, the winners are:[*] Osama Bin Laden (and every other terrorist)[*] PETA[*] Michael Moore[*] Fred Phelps (the guy protesting at funerals)[*] News Broadcasters (all of them)[*] Anyone who punches/kicks a man in the junk[*] Greenpeace (technically they belong in the terrorist group...)[*] The French[*] "That Guy" in your office[*] Whoever cancelled Family Guy[*] People that drive in the left lane when no one else is on the road[*] Ricers[*] Anyone that messes with another persons car[*] Anyone that thinks love taps in the car are fun[*] Insurance companies[*] Tobacco companies[*] Metallica (for shutting down Napster and Garage Inc)[*] Whoever created the Lifetime Channel[*] Violent drunks[*] North Korea[*] Cops that pull you over for going 5 mph over the limit[*] "Men" that wear pink (in public)[*] Sex crime offenders
[/ul]

Please feel free to add on to the list and make any comments.

Old 03-03-2006, 09:06 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: People who deserve a punch in the throat

well, thats pretty much my list.......
except, I do on occasion wear pink.....

Old 03-03-2006, 09:09 PM
1st Gear

George Bush
Dick Chaney
Vanillia ICE
LL Cool J
Whoopi Goldberg
Anyone Affiliated with Fox News
Missy Elliot
R Kelly( Kinda goes with what Panda said)
Jessica Simpson(True shes hot but...)
Tony Danza

Old 03-03-2006, 09:09 PM
Administrator

rapest, sex offenders, and child molesters people of that nature

Old 03-03-2006, 09:10 PM
3rd Gear

Just out of curiosity, what has N. Korea done?

Can I add the Scottish to my list?

Old 03-03-2006, 09:11 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Toff_the_Toffee

NO! William Wallis is too bad ***

Old 03-03-2006, 09:17 PM
2nd Gear

Seriously, what has PETA ever done to you personally?

I almost agree with the rest of the list though.

Old 03-03-2006, 09:26 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: Talis

Have you any notion whatsoever of history? braveheart was all fact don't you know! [>:]

1. Braveheart's plot includes an affair between William Wallace and the Princess Isabelle, based upon Isabella of France. The film implies she is pregnant at the time of Wallace's execution, possibly carrying the future Edward III of England. Historically, the real Isabella was a child of nine still living in France at this time, she never met Wallace, and furthermore, was never a Princess of Wales, as she was married to Edward II after he became king. Also Edward III of England was born in 1312, seven years after Wallace's death; thus it is impossible for Edward III to have been Wallace's son. (Note: this idea may have been derived from the play The Wallace by Sydney Goodsir Smith.)
2. Gibson was critiqued for his portrayal of Isabella's future husband, Edward II of England. Although most historians agree that Edward was homosexual, many complained that the film presented demeaning stereotypes towards Edward. In the commentary, Mel Gibson explained he didn't intend to show hate towards anyone portrayed in the film (including the English). It also must be recalled that Mel Gibson did not write the screenplay.
3. The Battle of Stirling Bridge, the first skirmish in the film, was filmed without a bridge. The actual conflict was more of an ambush of the English as they attempted to cross a river. (It is rumoured that Gibson told a Scottish local the bridge was removed as it got in the way, and the local replied "that's what the English found" [1].) The film also makes no mention of Andrew de Moray, Wallace's companion-in-arms and a major contributor at this battle. Curiously, the fight shown in the film is more like the Battle of Bannockburn 17 years later, with English cavalry charging Scottish schiltrons and being repulsed.
4. The film creates the impression that William Wallace invented the Scottish schiltrons and handed out pikes just before the battle. This is completely untrue.
5. Edward I's second wife, Margaret, whom he married in 1299, is absent from the film, although the span of history covered in the production includes this year. This implies his first wife Eleanor of Castile was his only spouse.
6. The film shows Irish conscripts switching sides and joining Wallace's forces at the Battle of Falkirk. The Irish forces were hired mercenaries who, from all accounts, fought well for Edward I. The Celtic soldiers who did display some rebellious tendencies were the Welsh, who had been conquered about a decade earlier. Edward I intended to use them as the first wave of attack and essentially as schiltron fodder. They did not take kindly to such intentions, even if they did not actually switch sides.
7. The film implies that Wallace's rebellion took place against a background of a fairly lengthy English occupation of Scotland. Actually, they had only invaded Scotland the year before (1296) and the mass hanging of Scottish nobles which Wallace witnessed as a boy never happened.
8. The sword carried by Gibson is a 16th century Scottish claymore. While a sword which is claimed to have belonged to Wallace (although this is disputed) exists in Scotland, it is significantly simpler.
9. There is some controversy about whether the jus prima noctis (also known as the droit de seigneur), the supposed right of a Lord to deflower virgins in his territory, actually existed, but it certainly did not exist in either England or Scotland during this period.
10. It is unclear whether Wallace had a wife or what her name was, but according to Scottish tradition her name was Marion Braidfute, apparently her name was changed to Murron in the film so audiences would not confuse her with Maid Marian from the Robin Hood stories.
11. Wallace's long-standing hatred for the English may not have been because of his wife's death. According to one legend, it arose from the fact that two English soldiers challenged Wallace over some fish he had caught. The argument escalated into a fight, resulting in Wallace killing the soldiers.
12. The then-future King Robert the Bruce is described as "Earl of Bruce", but actually, his title before becoming king was Comes (count, mormaer or earl) of Carrick.
13. Braveheart suggests Wallace supported the Bruce claim to the Scottish throne; however, Wallace supported the Balliol claim while Bruce was convinced of his father's rightful succession.
14. The reality of William Wallace's capture and execution was far worse than shown in the film.
15. The movie depicts Robert the Bruce's father (who was also named Robert) as a leper. There is no historical record of this though Bruce himself contracted a disease before his death that has sometimes been alleged to be leprosy.
16. Bruce did not betray Wallace at Falkirk. He did eventually switch sides but that was a few years later and as a result of a dispute with the Comyns (not depicted in the film) who supported the Balliol claim to the throne. The Scottish war effort collapsed a few years later because of the defeat of their French allies by the Flemish at Courtrai in 1302. Wallace was hunted down when the Scots were forced to surrender in 1305.
17. In his speech before the battle of Stirling Bridge, Mel Gibson's Wallace alludes to a hundred years of tyranny. Ironically, the 13th century was one of the few centuries when Anglo-Scottish relations were relatively peaceful. This changed after the unexpected death of Alexander III in 1286, when Edward I stepped in to resolve the dispute over the Scottish crown, and used this opportunity to revive English claims of overlordship.
18. The film depicts Edward I dying at the same time as Wallace was executed. In fact, Wallace's execution took place in 1305, in Westminster, and King Edward died in 1307, two years later, en route to put down a fresh rebellion of the Scots, led by Robert the Bruce.
19. Edward I never defenestrated, or otherwise killed or harmed, Edward II's lovers.
20. In battle, Wallace is shown painted blue with woad, a fashion that had become extinct at least with the Picts, some 5 centuries before his time, if not even earlier.

Old 03-03-2006, 09:28 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Talis

Have you any notion whatsoever of history? braveheart was all fact don't you know! [>:]
Does it matter? he is still scottish, wow quite a bit to read

Old 03-03-2006, 09:30 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: drkenan

Seriously, what has PETA ever done to you personally?
What has Osama bin Laden done to you personally?

Does the fact that it's not personal make it any different? A fokker is a fokker, no matter who they do it to.....

Quick Reply: People who deserve a punch in the throat