Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Pelosi on Illegal Immigration

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 10:29 AM

I dont really see how I am giving Pelosi too much credit. And the Obama administration appears to agree with her on this issue by suspending the worksite enforcement act.

Old 03-20-2009, 12:38 PM
4th Gear

Ok... let's say you have this correct and Pelosi is the Grand Master of the Democratic Universe...

Then let's see how this plays out. I'm rather curious how this Wicked Witch from the West is going to drive this country into to the dirt.

Maybe, and just maybe, there will be enough of it left when the smoke clears to rebuild in four years

Old 03-20-2009, 12:41 PM
4th Gear

Besides there already is a Worforce Enforcement Advisory

http://www.ice.gov/doclib/pi/news/ne...visory_v27.pdf

If the Immigration Dept doesn't enforce it, then I guess that's Pelosi's, and thus Obama's, fault as well, I imagine...

Old 03-20-2009, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Palindari™
Ok... let's say you have this correct and Pelosi is the Grand Master of the Democratic Universe...

Then let's see how this plays out. I'm rather curious how this Wicked Witch from the West is going to drive this country into to the dirt.

Maybe, and just maybe, there will be enough of it left when the smoke clears to rebuild in four years
Its easy to argue against a caricature of my viewpoint. Its not very productive though.

I think we agree that Pelosi has a relatively large amount of power. We should also be able to agree that she has been repeatedly voted into office by her democratic constituents and has been voted into her position of power by her liberal colleagues. And I find very little criticism of her from liberal groups. All of this tells me that she has the support of democrats and liberals, and represents the liberal agenda. You seem to disagree with some of her principles and actions. Then it is entirely possible that you disagree with some of the liberal agenda that she advocates. Instead of separating Pelosi from Obama and the liberal movement, maybe you should separate yourself to a degree from them.

Old 03-20-2009, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Palindari™
Besides there already is a Worforce Enforcement Advisory

http://www.ice.gov/doclib/pi/news/ne...visory_v27.pdf

If the Immigration Dept doesn't enforce it, then I guess that's Pelosi's, and thus Obama's, fault as well, I imagine...
I dont know the details of these things but I have a feeling that the Workforce Enforcement Advisory may have a connection to the Worksite Enforcement Act. The AP reports that Obama has suspended the act at the law enforcement is hesitant to capture illegal immigrants for fear of reprimand. In fact, one man in Texas lost a lawsuit to illegal immigrants that he held at gunpont on his own property, so we see that the legal system is not friendly to immigration enforcement. There is another case of border patrol officers who were imprisoned for shooting an illegal immigrant who was smuggling drugs.

If you consider that the hispanic vote went in favor of the democrats in the last election, then the democrats would have an incentive to allow illegal immigrants to cross the border and become citizens. In this context, the soft stance of democratic leadership is entirely understandable.