Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Parking Garage Clearance

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 12:03 PM
Default Parking Garage Clearance

Holy Crap! almost had a heart attack

Rolled up to Portland, Or. Last night to take my GF out to dinner for her birthday, and I went to pull into a parking garage in the heart of down town, and of course by the time I had started to pull off the street, across the sidewalk, and into the entrance of the garage there was a parade of cars behind me so backing up was not an option.

Hit the sign that gave the clearance of 6'10" but had no choice but to continue forward.

On some of the cross beams I barely skimmed by, I mean by millimeters, and others my surf board pads were scraping.

I had my GF get out and kinda guide me up the first little ramp (She only weighs about 113 lbs. so it didn't really make a difference whether i kept her in the rig or not to help weigh it down, plus I needed to know how much room I was going to have for the first cross beam I encountered), then I hung my head out the window and watched for the next 2 stories.

Freakin' Ricockulous mang, I got lucky!

Last edited by mctavish11; 08-26-2009 at 12:05 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:10 PM
Senior Administrator

Do you keep a tire-gauge in your truck? Next time, save yourself 10-years off the end of your life (although, admittedly, they are the last 10 years, so, you'd be old and feeble, and life would suck enough that you may wanna off yourself, prematurely) by deflating your tires, slightly.

Or, drive the Lambo next time, DUH!!!

Old 08-26-2009, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by AWDaholic
Do you keep a tire-gauge in your truck? Next time, save yourself 10-years off the end of your life (although, admittedly, they are the last 10 years, so, you'd be old and feeble, and life would suck enough that you may wanna off yourself, prematurely) by deflating your tires, slightly.

Or, drive the Lambo next time, DUH!!!
Damn. I Musta been hella tired last night, Cause the tire thing didn't even cross my mind, and I work in a tire shop a few days out of the week at Costco... haha... DURRRRRR on my part

Yea, Lambo fer sure next time

Old 08-26-2009, 01:02 PM
Senior Administrator

Originally Posted by mctavish11
Damn. I Musta been hella tired last night, Cause the tire thing didn't even cross my mind, and I work in a tire shop a few days out of the week at Costco... haha... DURRRRRR on my part

Yea, Lambo fer sure next time
Nah! Anybody asks, just say you were tryin ta shave off those last 8-10 pathetic, extra, extra sucky years from the end of your life.

Old 08-26-2009, 02:53 PM
Administrator

10 less years you have to keep smacking your self in the head for selling the All-Road.

I have to worry about a different kind of scrapping. Ultimately, my Audi scrapes now everytime I go on a different story parking level through the ramp.

Old 08-26-2009, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by kriptonik
10 less years you have to keep smacking your self in the head for selling the All-Road. .
Nah! I look at the differently, trading the allroad in and getting the X just gives me motivation to get back into an audi someday, pref. an a3, once i get a full-time, post college job, hahaha....

Plus since i got rid of the allroad i was able to spend my extra money on alcohol and have one helluva senior at school rather than repair bills although i have to admit i miss that car... haha

Old 08-26-2009, 11:03 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by mctavish11
Nah! I look at the differently, trading the allroad in and getting the X just gives me motivation to get back into an audi someday, pref. an a3, once i get a full-time, post college job, hahaha....

Plus since i got rid of the allroad i was able to spend my extra money on alcohol and have one helluva senior at school rather than repair bills although i have to admit i miss that car... haha
I don't know about you and the A3. You seem to be an outside kind of person so probably an A4 or A6 Avant would probably fit you better.

How's the Costco interview coming along BTW?

Old 08-27-2009, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by kriptonik
I don't know about you and the A3. You seem to be an outside kind of person so probably an A4 or A6 Avant would probably fit you better.

How's the Costco interview coming along BTW?
Yea, in a perfect world i would be able to keep my X, lift it, and have an a3 so i could have best of both worlds, idk... someday i'll figure it all out.

and i just got a letter yesterday saying i didnt make it, o well.. it was my first time applying up there, making it to the top 3 out of 21 was an accomplishment i think, and i got the experience of the whole corporate (costco) interview gig, so now i can be better off in the future...

Im still awaiting a call for a (hopefully) second interview for the 2nd position i applied for at the same time as the other one, the lady told me it might be a few weeks, so.... hopefully i hear back soon

Old 09-01-2009, 06:40 PM
5th Gear

Big rigs are sometimes loaded up the day before they hit the road to give the suspension time to settle so they can make it under low bridges. And they do the tire thing too...

Used to work for a guy that cut/dried/packaged firewood to sell for camping. Had a box truck fully loaded once, was making a delivery. Checked clearance on they way out, and fit under a bridge. Didn't think twice on the return trip. The truck was sitting a few inches higher. That bridge opened the box truck like a sardine can.

Old 09-05-2009, 01:20 PM
Senior Administrator

Quick Reply: Parking Garage Clearance