Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Panda Express

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 12:28 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: Panda Express

ORIGINAL: CheckMyVitals

yeah... but think about it. EVERYONE at that McDs complained... what normal people do "This is too hot." She, being an assbag... sues. So while you have ALL these people NOT suing over the SAME problem, someone else comes in and decides to make some money. There is no reason to sue. Sue if some guy kills your daughter in a car accident, complain if you spill some coffee.
she based her case on the fact that they should have corrected the problem months ago...if they had, she wouldn't have gotten 2nd degree burns, which can be pretty serious (and i believe they were in this case) .....she didn't need to sue for millions though.....

Old 04-28-2005, 12:45 AM
Administrator

u kno wuts gay about this system
look u can win the crimal case for murder and your free
but if u go in to a civic case on the same charge and found guilty your still free but just owe money

is there something wrong wit this system of justice hes innocent (criminal)here but guilty here (civil) but hes free to go

Old 04-28-2005, 12:50 AM
3rd Gear

What is the price of pain?

Blame lawyers, not Americans in general.

That woman has enough money that when people call her a whiny, opportunistic bitch, she drowns her sorrows in her pool full of cash.
We can call it bullshit, and it is, but if you thought you could make 20 million, or 20,000, or $20, because you were a stupid clumsy bitch who spilled hot coffee on herself, are you seriously saying you would rather call the person who served you hot coffee an *******, than make enough money to buy Oprah?

I dunno.

Old 04-28-2005, 01:24 AM
Senior Administrator

Her case was one of, if not THE first of the *lottery* sized lawsuits awards here in 'Merica, if memory serves. She did spark a craze that has not yet dwindled. What's funny/sad 2 me is some of the disclaimers you see on products, nowadays. *Do Not Iron Clothes While Wearing.* *Do Not Put Belt Sander Against Face.* *Do Not Insert Gerbil Up A$$*

What started out as an attempt to send a message to one company about arrogance (McD's NOT reducing the temp on their coffee pots) has turned into: a) A cottage industry for Lawyers, and b) A sure-fire lottery payoff for anybody inventive enough to come up with something NEW to sue over.

The fault lies with those who sit on the jurys of these ludicris cases. I've heard stories of comments actually being made like, "As long as I get mine when it's my turn, I don't see anything wrong with making the company pay." Stoopit bitchiz don't realize that the *company* just passes teh savings right along to the consumer. we ALL payed that woman in the first case, and we ALL pay for ALL of the others, too. It's also led to the *victimization* of 'Merica, too. EVERYBODY a victim of something, lately. No one's responsible for their OWN actions anymore. Bad grades? Sue the school for not teaching you properly. Drive home drunk and plow into a busload of kids returning from a religious retreat, OBVIOUSLY the bartender is at fault for your intoxication, sue HIM! Fall down a flight of stairs in your home because YOU left krap at the head of the stairs? Sue the toymaker for not making toys that catch you before you fall when you trip over them! Nobody's responsible anymore. Makes me sick! Wanna bitchslap everybody in America, just once... Not for any of this lawsuit stuff. I just like bitchslapping people, and I'm still a little miffed about my rear tag...

Old 04-28-2005, 01:31 AM
5th Gear

well said...........[sm=closed.gif]

Old 04-28-2005, 03:48 AM
Administrator

yes this country sucks