Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Panda Express

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 08:40 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Panda Express

ORIGINAL: Krule

O yea did you guys hear about that lady that was tryin to get McD's for giving her Hot Coffee on a drive thru window and she burned her tongue hahahahaha dumbest b!tch ever

Actually the women sued McD's won. It was awhile back and I think it was in Arizona or Texas....anyway, as she pulled out of the drive through the coffee spilled all over here, got 2nd degree burns. On first look, seems like she was totally responsible and McD's should have won the suit...but there was more going on I guess

Old 04-27-2005, 08:46 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: PandaXpress

those fast food chinese restrants arent real chinese food, its just smart asian people banking on the obesity of amerians by creating fake chinese food like orange chicken and stuff
So...<sniff-sniff> There is no...<tear s-l-o-w-l-y drips from the corner of one eye> General Tso, of <whimper-sniff-whimper> General Tso's Chicken? OMFG!!! They USED me!!! TRICKED me into buying their unholy fare! I feel so CHEAP!

Old 04-27-2005, 09:29 PM
Administrator

i duno how the hell General Tso's Chicken came to be

Old 04-27-2005, 09:32 PM
5th Gear

how bout 'mr. chow's chinese fast food'?

Old 04-27-2005, 09:41 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: abacab

ORIGINAL: Krule

O yea did you guys hear about that lady that was tryin to get McD's for giving her Hot Coffee on a drive thru window and she burned her tongue hahahahaha dumbest b!tch ever

Actually the women sued McD's won. It was awhile back and I think it was in Arizona or Texas....anyway, as she pulled out of the drive through the coffee spilled all over here, got 2nd degree burns. On first look, seems like she was totally responsible and McD's should have won the suit...but there was more going on I guess
To fill in the rest of the story:
The biggest reason she won her suit was because THAT particular McD's had had, like, hundreds of complaints about how hot their coffee was being served at. Something over 120degF. 130, 140, I don't remember exactly, but it was HOT, baybee!!! So hot that there had eveb been POLICE COMPLAINTS about it. People had actually gone to the ploice to complain about how hot the frikkin coffee was.

So, anyway, she won, and sparked a flurry of nuisance lawsuits that has not, to this day, abated...

Old 04-27-2005, 09:44 PM
Administrator

did she have to split the settlement wit the other complainers

Old 04-27-2005, 11:53 PM
4th Gear

no it was all hers. didn't she get millions? honestly... that's one thing i hate about america, so many americans sue for EVERYTHING! you get burned? you go in, and be like "you bitch! why the hell is your coffee so hot?!?" yet apparently some people see every frigging injury they get as an opportunity. ****...

here's my favorite, it's still going on. Guy watching fear factor... they get to the part where they have to eat something. Now... I dunno about you, but it's really no secret people eat gross stuff on this show. So anyway... they're eatin away, and hte guy get's sick to his stomach "he couldn't get to the remote fast enough." So he's suing fear factor for making him sick. BULLSHIT!!!!
...i hate people...

Old 04-28-2005, 12:02 AM
5th Gear

that fear factor thing sounds pretty bad...and stupid americans do love to sue...it's been like that for about a decade now....the mcdonalds one wasn't exactly frivolous though...that lady really had a case, i remember reading about it when it happened...there had been several complaints about it before, and like someone said above, the police had even been called on a few ocassions. serving drinks that can scald you to the point of second degree burns is just stupid, micky d's was in the wrong in that case...

Old 04-28-2005, 12:07 AM
Administrator

u can sue for anything u want in this country but it doesnt mean your gonna win

Old 04-28-2005, 12:21 AM
4th Gear

yeah... but think about it. EVERYONE at that McDs complained... what normal people do "This is too hot." She, being an assbag... sues. So while you have ALL these people NOT suing over the SAME problem, someone else comes in and decides to make some money. There is no reason to sue. Sue if some guy kills your daughter in a car accident, complain if you spill some coffee.

Quick Reply: Panda Express