Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Oxymorons and just plain morons...

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 11:50 AM
Default hatemongering 101

^^^Lets agree that specifics are not important to those who oppose waterboarding.

Since this thread is really about incompetence and journalism, I though it would be an appropriate place for the most recent gem from Olbermans show.

http://dailyhowler.com/dh050109.shtml

Our progressive pal Keith ran his #1 story of the night on Miss California's breast implants. Remember that Miss California stated that she opposed gay marriage policies during the Miss America Contest, and the liberal (gay) blogger and judge called her a stupid b*tch. Olberman proceeded with his own vicious attacks on the young woman:

KO - "Miss California is opposed to same-sex marriage, which is at least marriage between two human beings, but she has fully endorsed now marriage between a man and a woman who is partially made out of plastic."

Then he brought in one of his favorite guests to pile on the insults:\

"This has escalated to a public shaving. I mean, and what Moakler has left out, Keith, is they also paid for Carrie to cut off her *****, and sand her Adam’s Apple and get a head-to-toe waxing. I know for a fact that Carrie Prejean was Harry Prejean, a homophobic man, who liked marriage so much he did it three times. Now he’s a babe who needs a brain implant."

Remember a few weeks ago, Olberman's guest stated that conservatives have brain abnormalities in the limbic region.

It is incredibly dangerous when a news commentator uses their microphone to endorse hateful insults directed against those who disagree with his personal opinions. It is a disgusting and abusive display. Even worse is that he gets away with it. The network is silent and so are the like minded progressives.

Where are all of the womens rights groups on this one?

Last edited by AutoUnionFan; 05-04-2009 at 11:54 AM.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:17 PM
4th Gear

Yeah, Olberman gets on his high horse and does his own nonsense attacks - there was another the other day about how a GOP Representative (who happen to be a doctor as well) was commenting on the only death in the US from swine flu was a Mexican child - who according to this guy - might have been illiegal and that our immigration policies suck.

Well, when the story broke - the child was indeed Mexican but was in America, legally with a visa, to visit family when he got deathly ill and this fact was known up front - yet this politician made it sound like there was question.

Yet Olberman went on a tirade about how this politician was trying to capitialize on a dead child and it was even more over the top than what the nit wit said.

So I'm with you on Olberman - he can be just as self-righteous and indignant as his nemesis at Fox, Bill O'Reilly.

A slippery slope there...

Old 05-04-2009, 03:55 PM

What separates Olberman in my mind is that the remarks are mean spirited and completely degrading. It is immature and un-informative, lacking any real level of inquiry.

I have watched my share of The OReilly Factor. The frequency of absurd and skewed perspective is much smaller and the level of decency is much higher. He has a reputation of "looking out for people" by holding people that have and abuse power responsible. Olbermans ratings and history dont even compare.

Old 05-04-2009, 06:33 PM
4th Gear

Sorry, O'Reilly comes across as an Irish goon in my eyes. Sure he can be cordial even great to get alone with - but he maintains a bully pulpit. Even Dave Letterman called him a goon on his show and was fearful his son would grow up to be like O'Reilly.

Choose who you like, but I'm not a fan of O'Reilly due to some of the hypocrisy he's been involved in - like Rush - when he settled the sexual harrassment suit a few years back.

That and some other remarks as well.

Olberman can be a tool - but I truly would like to see Hannity take him up on his offer. If Hannity can muscle up and prove that waterboarding isn't all that bad - then Olberman won't have a pot to **** in.

We all know Beck would cry before they put the dry towel over his face... lol...

Old 05-04-2009, 11:19 PM
1st Gear

Get a room you two! =)

Old 05-05-2009, 12:49 AM
Tech Guru

^ Right?? I'm beginning to think they have an internet crush going!

Old 05-05-2009, 11:03 AM

I am really shocked that no one else finds the Olberman clip to be totally offensive.

Old 05-05-2009, 12:16 PM
4th Gear

Offensive? That, like many other things, are relative.

If he wishes to make jokes on her behalf so be it. If she has a case for slander, so be it she has every right to sue - doesn't make what he said any better, but it's his neck he sticks out there like so many do for ratings.

Old 05-05-2009, 12:31 PM
4th Gear

But I can say is that when you do put yourself out there with a "holier-than-thou" attitude - don't let pics surface like this

http://thedirty.com/?p=157850

Old 05-05-2009, 01:23 PM

Once again you are way off. My surprise is due to the willingness of people to defend Olberman on this one and blame Carrie for being honest.

1) she was quoted as saying "I am not perfect and dont pretend to be." Dont know why someone would say she has a "holier-than-thou" attitude?

2) she is a model, she is photographed just like any other model, she could not prevent the photos from surfacing, someone made a lot of money on the photos.

I would usually provide a scenario like, "what if she was your daughter and I was the one who said she had her ***** cut off etc" but I realize that liberal society can tolerate Olbermans pathetic insults more than they can tolerate a young woman expressing her Christian values.

Offensive? Are you serious? Would you say those things to anyone you had any respect for?

Clearly my theory about liberal tolerance is on the money on this one. I can go on and on about how despicable that segment is on many levels. But if people cannot see that for themselves, then I feel sorry for them.

Quick Reply: Oxymorons and just plain morons...