Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Other cars to look at in my search for a new car

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 05:59 AM
Default Other cars to look at in my search for a new car

I love Audis as much as teh other guy but i wnat more performance from my car and this car is costing me alot on maintence. What else should i look at. This is coming from my dad and me that this car cost alot to maintain and that maybe my next car shouldnt be as costly. Of course im still aiming for the S4 or the 1.8T with aturbo upgrade but i need other choices. So help me out. I want good performance. The cars i haev come to are teh WRX, and teh beast that almost killed me once before but was always realiable teh mustang. I might even make that a cobra or a new 05 one (hopefully the GT one). The thing with those is if i get new i have a warranty for it. And i love that fact especially sinc ethe warrnaty will last me thru college.

Edit im also looking at the Camaro SS.

Old 08-14-2005, 06:01 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Otehr cars to look at in my search for a new car

what about an EVO?

Old 08-14-2005, 06:01 AM
4th Gear

oh my god, NO man, NO

Old 08-14-2005, 06:02 AM
Administrator

APG.. what is your price range what kind of specs are you most concerned about having ? IE is AWD crucial for you?

Old 08-14-2005, 06:09 AM

yes i would liek AWD but if i get like a stang im gonna take corners slow b/c i have expeirenced RWD in a fast corner and what happens witha parked car right there.

I think less that 20,000 but if it was a 05 GT that would be different. Evos are to much. It must be less than 6 seconds 0-60 stock and have alot of mods availble. Also it must come in manual. It must have leather (im wet in my car alot (by the beach) so i cant have teh wet car smell)). It should be realiable also. I would also like to add in the Cobra (used of course)

Old 08-14-2005, 06:11 AM
Administrator

highly reliable and fast as hell.. are going to be two seperate categories for most brands of cars.. you should just stick with reliable and comfortable while your in school.. then after school get something that is insanely fast.. and cozy

Old 08-14-2005, 06:12 AM
Administrator

u kno if i had to change from an AUDI, i was forced to change my car i would buy a Volvo S40 AWD
that thing is nice

Old 08-14-2005, 06:13 AM
Administrator

i would get a cheap old honda.. stock and use it for all its worth.. but since you say that you have 20k budget get a S4... because im partial to audi's

Old 08-14-2005, 06:14 AM

the thing with the s4 is the reliabilty an dlack of warranty. If i could get one iwth a 100,000 mi warranty iw ould buy it. Is tehre such a warranty for it?

Old 08-14-2005, 06:18 AM
Administrator

then why dont you go get a newer A4.. and get one that is certified.. with low miles??

Quick Reply: Other cars to look at in my search for a new car