Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

OSU Spring Wake Up call

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 11:01 AM
6th Gear
Default OSU Spring Wake Up call

So this weekend we, The Ohio State University Waterski/Wakeboard team, had our 2nd annual Spring Wake Up Call. A grass roots wakeboarding tournament that is all about having a good time and riding. Last year, Red Bull attended and helped us out a bit, this year Red Bull is the most awesome comapny ever and helped us out huge.

The first night (Friday May 1st) was held at a local house who had a pond which we set up a slider and a kicker in and had two winches pulling riders late into the night. We also had a DJ, Rock Band on a projetor, a hot tub, a big slip and slide, and more. On top of all that Red Bull got Adam Errington and JD Webb, both professional riders for Red Bull to come hang out and party with us.

here are some pictures from Friday night (sorry they are from Facebook so the quality isn't great)

Then on the second day we went about half a mile down the road to a private lake to hold the real tournament...

^^these are the pick-up boat (Red Mastercraft) and the photo boat (Malibu)

^^a local dealer was kind enough to let us use one of there new X-15's for the tournament only because the X-Star we were going to use got sold the day before

^I have a lot of riding pictures but they were all early when I had access to a decent telephoto and was on the camera boat

so I then took pictures of the crowd and what we all were doing

^^Our DJ for the weekend, DJ Kelly

Adam and JD just haning out, I was amazed at how normal these pro's were. They are completly unlike any professional athlete I've ever meet to date (mostly fotoball and baseball stars) and it's another reason to love the community I'm in.

It was a great weekend, I'm still trying to fully recover from those two days and I felt like letting all of you know.

thanks for looking at the pictures.