Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

originally posted in wrong spot...belongs here

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 07:22 PM
2nd Gear
Default originally posted in wrong spot...belongs here

Some ******* peice of s*** mother***er decided to pull into a open parking space on my drivers side. Not only did he decide to park, he decided to run his front right bumper into my left rear quarter panel. My car has been unexpectedly repainted silver with a green stripe...Sweet huh...It is 10 inches wide and 2 feet long. Took the paint down to the metal and the composite is showing on the bumper. So, that means this dirty ***** hits the car, but instead of backing away slowly he decides he can still make it and keeps parking. f***ing dolt. Of course, no note, no sign, no nothing. Autobody guy is quoting me 3k + to respray the side of my car and replace the back bumper of which I just replaced 4 months ago due to another award winning, blue ribbon, 5 star f***up. Am I angry? -- you bet! Is there anything I can do? -- unfrotunately no. I gotta take it in the ***. Where I work, you would expect people to have respect and there is no question this guy had enough $$ to pay for it. Unethical people drive me crazy. You f*** someones s*** up ya better be ready to own up!

Old 06-28-2007, 07:26 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: originally posted in wrong spot...belongs here

Thats some bad luck mate. I always find when you have this much miss-fortune something really good will happen to you in the near future, trust me.

Old 06-28-2007, 07:35 PM
2nd Gear

Thanks for the positive feedback..I sure hope your right!..This one bites hard!

Old 06-28-2007, 07:41 PM
5th Gear

Work parking lot? You might be able to find another car with damage... you know what color you're after.

Were there cameras anywhere in the parking lot or nearby buildings?

Old 06-28-2007, 07:55 PM
2nd Gear

Yeah I looked for like 2 hours. Every emerald green car was checked. If I had a dollar for every bumper (all 4 corners) that was scuffed or marked I wouldnt have to cometo work. Tells ya how crappy drivers are these days. There must have been 25 possibles. I can't go around and accuse people though so I just have to deal.

Old 06-28-2007, 08:19 PM
5th Gear

I'd check again tomorrow... Seriously.
Maybe they'll be stupid and come to work again. Just think about how satisfying it'd be, if you found them!? Oh man.

Old 06-28-2007, 08:27 PM
1st Gear

Did you report it to the police as a hit and run? IANAL, but IIRC if you hit someone and leave without leaving a note, thats fleeing the scene of an accident.

Old 06-28-2007, 08:54 PM
2nd Gear

yeah...its on record as a hit and run non-injury accident.

Old 06-30-2007, 02:53 AM

If this happenned at work, you could try & file a claim with your employer.

Old 06-30-2007, 08:57 PM
4th Gear

You should definitely see if there's any security camera footage of it; most businesses these days have so many hidden cameras it's not even funny (in fact, it's kind of scary - I was talking to a guy who works for a local A/V company here that installs hidden cameras and such, and he says he pretty much assumes that if he's on property owned by a private business, he's on camera). Especially if this occurred in a company parking lot or ramp. I would bet good money there's footage of the bastard somewhere. Good luck!