Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Opinions on Wheels for X

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 09:55 PM

2" lift = girly!

Riase it brother! I know they have to make a 6" or something close!

Old 11-25-2008, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by ssbaudi
that looks really good. go for it bud! and if you need a hand, let me know
will do man, ill have to talk to my uncle, he lives just outside of town, ill see if he can clear out a section of his garage and i can go out and use it.

Old 11-25-2008, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by GHETTOxWHITExBOY
2" lift = girly!

Riase it brother! I know they have to make a 6" or something close!
2" lift means not getting like 10 mpg since its my daily driver and i drive quite a bit every week

Old 11-25-2008, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by airguard350
Well if you use an impact gun like he probably did painting the holes doesn't matter.
yea possibly, ill just find a way to block em off so i dont have to worry about it. plus, all the guns that i would have access to anyways have a 50 ft. lb. torque limit so it wouldnt really be enough to strip away bed liner like material. itll be easy, ill just drop some pop bottle caps or some **** down in there to keep em clear.

Old 11-25-2008, 12:28 AM
Tech Guru

^ Wow! Those are crappy guns! Generally a 1/2" impact gun is used and all the 1/2 inchers I've used had at least 250 ft/lbs on tap. Also watch what you drop down there. I've sprayed bedliner and it might be a little bit of a bitch to get them out afterwards.

Old 11-25-2008, 12:39 AM

^ Nah, they are good guns, just limited. its where i work bak home. Plus ive always been taught to not over torque, which at my work i have done, and snapped lug studs off, the member/customer wasnt very happy haha.

ill fig. something out whenever i get around to doing it.

Old 11-25-2008, 01:54 AM
2nd Gear

get a set of american racing rims....they look good on any truck
but seriously, that looks HAWT! i personally like the white lettering out (on an offroad truck anyway)
if you want to be a real bad *** off road, get them in 15's and get 33x10.50 bfg all terrain ta k/o tires....

i had them on my 4runner, with no lift, no rubbing, 20mpg average and i NEVER EVER got stuck, and believe me we tried! wish i would have had a better camcorder then, we could have gotten some sick vids

Old 11-25-2008, 02:04 AM

^ yea dude no matter what i do i want to get a set of bfg's i had the all-terrain k/o on my jeep Cherokee before i got my allroad. those tires are SO sick. i live on the beach back home, and with no lift and pretty much stock tire size (one larger) i hardly ever got stuck int he sand, those tires dominate. the snow too, hard chains with me at all times when i went to the mt. but never had to use them. 33's would be sick, but thats why i was also thinkin about just gettin a set of stock xterra 16" rims, do the stealth job to them, and run the 285/75/16 bfg all terrain's.

and funny u say that, cuz i typically dont like white letter out, BUT, the more and more i look at the cheap-o lil p-shop job i did, i think it would look cool with black wheels, white letters, and white rig. im startin to change my opinion

Old 11-25-2008, 02:07 AM
2nd Gear

i will try to find a pic of my 4runner with the 33's and no lift.
it had the white letters out

what can i say, i just have great taste, in cars/trucks/ and women!
(had to put that in there for my wife!)

Old 11-25-2008, 02:09 AM

I think i will have to agree with you.

Quick Reply: Opinions on Wheels for X