Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Opinions needed on most important subject.

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 01:40 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Opinions needed on most important subject.

I'm heading out tomorrow and probably buying it... [sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=happybounce.gif][sm=icon_cheers.gif][sm=yeahsmile.gif]

Old 03-03-2007, 02:06 AM
4th Gear

You can probably go a bit lower a buddy of mine bought a R6 in the same condition as the bike your looking at and paid only $2100 he went down about 3 months back and is just going to fix the faring and sell it for about $2000

Old 03-03-2007, 01:06 PM
Site Moderator/Ninja

ORIGINAL: KevinA4

I'm heading out tomorrow and probably buying it... [sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=happybounce.gif][sm=icon_cheers.gif][sm=yeahsmile.gif]

Let us know ! .... good luck...

Old 03-04-2007, 12:54 AM
1st Gear

Bad news... I drove two hours to pick up the bike. I get there and the plastics are broken all over, there's water leaking from somewhere (which could be a hose - but could be much worse..), the gears shiften funny - too clunky.....the battery is dead so we can't test-ride it (my buddy has a TL1000R and has ridden alot) and i think the rear seat structure was crooked/bent. I knew there was going to be some damage, but I didn't like the chance that I was going to get screwed.

Another thing, right when he rolled it out I knew right away it was a track bike - there was tape over the wheel weights, and every bolt on there was safety-wired... So take those miles (which were not 7500 as he had said in the add, but 6000 something..) and times them by three...

It would have been another thing for him to tell me on the phone "Ok, here's the deal...There are numerous cracks in the plastic. I've seen water on the floor when I got there. I haven't started it in January so I'm not sure if it will run with the battery, even after we start it...Just to let you know, it was a track bike....yadda yadda yadda...

I'm not really pissed off since it was our decision to go over there, but in the future I'm going to trust my gut feeling about people on the phone before I make a trip. I knew this guy was a *****, but I think he's a bit crooked. He wasn't as dumb as he was playing to be...

I was glad I brought my buddy with me, as he steered me away from it. I just saw it, and I still wanted it I still wonder if it would have been just fine - the transmission was just cold, there was a leaky hose, the seat was fine...so on and soforth..But, it was a big chance to drop 3000 dollars on something.

SOOOOoo...if you hear of a bike for sale around Northern Indiana - let me know! Just don't be a dick like this dude was.
[sm=chairshot.gif]