Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Opinions on Centennial and the Blackberry Curve

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 08:01 PM
3rd Gear
Default Opinions on Centennial and the Blackberry Curve

Ok here's the deal I currently am on with Verizon but recently I have just started to hate them even though I have had very few problems for years. People usually can't understand me on the phone anymore and I am paying 70 a month for just unlimited txting and 450 minuites. They also charge 2 bux per mb of data usage which I think is nuts. I looked at the Blackberry plan and I can have unlimited data and txting for 100 a month and only 450 min which is fine I don't talk very much on the phone. I will have to pay about 160 cancellation fee but I am prepared for that. Also I have the ENV which has a lot of great features but its really thick its like carrying around a King size Snickers in your pocket all day. Also it has always had a software glitch where I can't delete pictures or txt's till I restart the phone any more the only thing I like about it is the full keyboard and camera but the Blackberry has both. Now here is my alternate goals for the switch. I can use the web while I am at Auto Auction's with my dad to look up the retail value's and the market report for what they normally sell at the auctions. That way we can make a educated bid on the car. I have been using my iTouch for this but only 2 of the auctions have wifi that we can use it at. I just got a confirmed $500 commission on a car we bought today on a buyers request and my bills currently include about 200 a month + gas & cell and I can't count on making much more then 100 a week w/o commission sales. I think that leaves plenty for a plan switch though. So any of you have the Blackberry or Centennial and have an opinion on this? Sorry if its too long lol.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:41 PM
5th Gear

If you wanna browse, iPhone is king. Typing is best left for Palm's and Blackberry.

If you're not dealing with monstrous amounts of emails... I feel that blackberry is kind of wasted. I ended up with the iPhone after MUCH deliberation. So far, I am like... 8/10 happy. I love everything but the keyboard...

If Palm ever comes out with a phone with wifi, I'd take it over a BB. Touchscreen + full keyboard is king.

Old 10-03-2008, 08:24 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by headshok2002
If you wanna browse, iPhone is king. Typing is best left for Palm's and Blackberry.

If you're not dealing with monstrous amounts of emails... I feel that blackberry is kind of wasted. I ended up with the iPhone after MUCH deliberation. So far, I am like... 8/10 happy. I love everything but the keyboard...

If Palm ever comes out with a phone with wifi, I'd take it over a BB. Touchscreen + full keyboard is king.
I would much prefer the iPhone as I already know how well it can work for this but the price is kind of crazy. I priced it out to 125 a month plust 200 for the phone for the same features.

Old 10-03-2008, 01:46 PM
4th Gear

I have owned

Blackberry Pearl
Blackberry Curve

On Tmobile Network and paid no more than 75$ a month for UNLIMITED DATA,UNLIMITED txt MESSAGING,FREE NIGHTS AND WEEKENDS & 10000 MINUTES.

I now own an iPhone 3g and have had it since the first patch/firmware It was buggy as hell slow txt messaging and a dozen other bugs. SInce then the phone has came out with a release patch and all is well.

I am in I.T. so have access to Internet/Email/VPN being able to "teather" and proxy thru my phone is a most.

If you "NEED" a phone aka Mini PC strapped to your hip then Iphone is the way to go. Once you jailbreak it the options are endless and it runs unix under the hood if you install terminal

talking nmap port scanner using your wifi connection/data storage device etc/etc options are endless.

-Dj Spiel

Originally Posted by somebody5788
I would much prefer the iPhone as I already know how well it can work for this but the price is kind of crazy. I priced it out to 125 a month plust 200 for the phone for the same features.

Old 10-03-2008, 06:53 PM
3rd Gear

May I ask how much your paying a month for the iPhone? The att website is extremely limited when it comes to the iphone and I would like to see if I had it calculated right. One thing is I do not have access to the faster network in my area. Which is odd its a fairly large business area as its the Orthopedic capital of the world.

Old 10-03-2008, 07:26 PM
4th Gear

iPhone rocks solid - out in Cali - AT&T is not bad. I can an iPhone for personal and a Verizon for business. I tried the Dare with Verizon - it's a PALE substitute for the iPhone ease of use.