Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

One reason I LOVE my EVO over my S4

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 02:45 AM
Zombie Defense Force
Default RE: One reason I LOVE my EVO over my S4

lol mine isnt as much of a cop mag as others because i dont have the huge wing on the back . the po wanted a smaller wing so he got some stubby thing

Old 04-03-2007, 02:53 PM
3rd Gear

A crash is a crash. @ 50mph, you will NOT BE WALING away, not matter what car you are in. The EVo is perfectly safe, & is much more sturdy then people think it is. Due to the perfect handling & breaking, topped with the great power band, the car is less likely to get into a accident can you can control car much better. The EVO is top notch in the "OH ****" maneuvers.

Now on resale value. Let see, a 7yo S4 is worth what today? Around $16k? An 03 EVO still is in the low $20's the car only cost $28 back then. The EVo holds it's value, very, very well. Much more so then an Audi. Lux cars drop initial value very fast. Look at how much the $80k E39 BMW M5 cost today, there under $30k now.

On to the interior, I'm so sick of hearing how "bad" the interior is. The fit & finish is fine, the seats are what most people want to buy & put in their cars. While it's not going to win any awards, it's far from shabby, or cheap. It's not a luxury car, it's a racing car. They want to keep the car light & nimble. It's fine for me, better then most other cars out there.

Now the whole EVO VS STI thing. The STI is more like the S4. It's softer, more comfortable, more expensive to get HP from, doesn't handle as well. It's more LUX then the EVO. The EVO is the BEST 4dr drivers car made in the world right now. No car comes close to the performance while carrying 4 people & luggage.

I'm wondering who's paying Jeff insurance, that is the MOST expensive part of the EVO! insurance is stupid expensive. It's almost double the S4.

So bash the looks & interior, but check out the EVO X, it has a Audi looking interior, & a VERY Euro exterior. No one is going to bash the looks of the new car.
http://www.leftlanenews.com/mitsubis...aks-cover.html

Old 04-03-2007, 10:15 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: nvus1too

It's a nice performance car but ultimately, very plastic and cheap inside. Of course, you don't expect a high quality product out of a rally based car but at least the STI can take the heals of a woman on the dash while having fun and not leave indents in the dash forever. I'd still prefer the STI for myself over the Evo and I know multiple people with both rides and have also driven both...
Great car though...just obvious why some people are willing to spend more on a quality german car even if it takes longer to change the oil...residual value and quality overall wins me over and I could've purchased either the Evo or the STI.
I live in North Dakota where it snows a lot (imagine that), so there are LOTS of Evo's STi's and plain Rex's running around. I'm good friends w/ at least ten people who own one of the three. That said, I've had the opportunity to ride in/drive all three. They def have their pros and cons when compared w/ one another. The STi seems a little more practical for daily driving, and also slightly less common. Downside is, they don't look as good as the Evo IMO, and they don't respond to mods nowhere near as well as Evo's. Evo's are just a little more raw, hardcore than the STi's. Between them, I'd def take the Evo, and I almost bought one a little while back. Ultimately though, I wouldn't buy either, and I have no regrets with buying my 350Z. It's worthless in even a 1/4" of snow, but when it's dry out, it's more than worht it. Besides, I just drive the A4 when the weather is bad. No doubt the Evo and STi are great cars, they're just not everyone's cup of tea. To each his own......[&:]