Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

OK THIS IS GOING TO GET IT STARTED

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 12:38 AM
Senior Administrator
Default RE: OK THIS IS GOING TO GET IT STARTED

I ehat when someone is MORE right than ME:

ORIGINAL: SilverSeven

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

But, on your earlier monologue, not everybody in that population would have equal/even access to take advantage of those wonderfully American opportunities
It might just be a semantic arguement, but I think that everyone has the same access to opportunity. Some might not be handed the opportunity, but it's there for everyone who is willing to work hard enough, and sacrifice what is needed, and make the choice to complete whatever task they so desire. It is harder for some, no doubt, but it being harder doesn't mean it's not there. It just means you'll appreciate teh end result more once you have it. You growing up in the inner city shold know exactly what I'm trying to say. Chances weren't handed to you like they might have been to some suburban white kid. You had to work hard for what you got. But all it really consisted of was choosing to be more. You didn't fal prey to the self-fulfilling prophecy that so many do. So many people tell themselves, "well, I'm a minority, so I can't do this" or "I'm underpriviledged, I don't have that chance to do this" and in telling themselves that, they make it true. They believe that is all they have, and like I said, nothing is impossible except that which you believe is impossible. You saw that you could make a better life, and you did it. It might have been harder for you than others, it might have taken twice as much or more effort or dedication from you as it would have from someone else. But once you made the choice to do something about it, it got done, right? The chance is there for everyone, some are given it, some have to take it, some have to fight tooth and nail for it, but it's there. The next time someone tells me "I couldn't....." I'm going to pimp slap their stupid head and say, "no, you wouldn't, there's a difference."

did cousins, once, never twins, also sadly, but, BUT I can say that I'm prolly one of the only people you've met who did a mother/daughter, but not on the same day...
I got to play with the mom of a girl I was banging, but didn't totally finish the deed. Everything but insertion, but it was still cool. Chelsea and Danielle were just some drunk high-school girls at a party, tapped them at the same time, but they didn't play with each other.

The pinnacle was when I was dating this girl named Alexis, and in a record bad decision, I started fooling around with her younger sister Morgan. I got so out of control with that one. They had a Jack and Jill bathroom, where it opened into both of their bedrooms, and it got so bad that I would be sleeping in Alexis' bed, get up in the middle of the night like I just had to take a **** or something, crawl in and fiddle with Morgan for a bit, then go back to Alexis' room. God I was a **** then. The alpha male hunter part of my psyche wants to be proud of that, but the nice relationship-minded part of me wishes I could forget it. Anyway, it ended when one day Morgan called me to come over for some fun saying that Alexis was still at Soccer practice, and I got there, walked into Morgan's room, and Alexis was sitting there on the bed, with Morgan nowhere to be seen. I knew at that point our arrangement was screeching to a halt. Stitches were involved. Not a fun experience.
BTW, you've caused me to have ever so slightly a paradigm shift in my thinking. Thank You! You are only the second person to EVER cause that to happen... (it was my perception of that whole "opportunity" thing, FWIW)

Old 04-03-2006, 01:50 AM
2nd Gear

I ehat when someone is MORE right than ME:
BTW, you've caused me to have ever so slightly a paradigm shift in my thinking. Thank You! You are only the second person to EVER cause that to happen... (it was my perception of that whole "opportunity" thing, FWIW)
Enh, I'm from the government (again), I'm here to help.

Plus, regarding your sig, there are actually three types of people in this world, those who can count, and those who can't.

Old 04-03-2006, 11:32 PM
1st Gear

the car was a 1947 bently mark IV i think

Old 04-03-2006, 11:42 PM
3rd Gear

Sweet car then...