Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

OK THIS IS GOING TO GET IT STARTED

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 05:08 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: OK THIS IS GOING TO GET IT STARTED

LOL that’s damn near a novel silver, but I agree totally

Old 04-02-2006, 05:21 AM
2nd Gear

By the way, no offense intended to the topic poster, I just feel rather strongly about this (as you might have noticed).

Old 04-02-2006, 11:06 AM
1st Gear

point taken. Understand the girlfriend taken money from you (me it was 27K she got). Not saying that that anyone HAS to give anything to anyone. guess i cant explain it properly.

Old 04-02-2006, 11:18 AM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: SilverSeven

By the way, no offense intended to the topic poster, I just feel rather strongly about this (as you might have noticed).
Yu'll be hearing from MY lawyers!!![&:]

Old 04-02-2006, 05:25 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: NCAUDITECH

Not saying that that anyone HAS to give anything to anyone. guess i cant explain it properly.
And I'm not saying that no one should give anything to anyone, but giving hand-outs to people who choose not to do anything to improve their own lives is like giving your dog a treat for taking a **** on the carpet. If you help someone everytime they come across hard times, they'll learn to rely on that and never have the inspiration to do anything themselves.

Think of it this way.... If you had a girlfriend that would stay with out and try to make the relationship work after every single time you cheated on her, what reason would you have for not cheating again? Or if you get let off by the police every time you get caught speeding, what reason would you have for not speeding? So if someone can just run to welfare or rely on hand-outs of donations everytime they come up short on rent, what motivation do they have for improving themselves?

Old 04-02-2006, 08:36 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: SilverSeven

If you had a girlfriend that would stay with out and try to make the relationship work after every single time you cheated on her, what reason would you have for not cheating again?
Ummm... IF she were HOT! I promise not to, EVER again!!! Of course, if she were HOT and willing to try a threesome with her equally HOT twin sister I wudn't'a hadda cheat on her in the first place. So, in a way, it's kinda HER fault, you see...[sm=icon_ladiesman.gif]

Old 04-02-2006, 08:42 PM
2nd Gear

You missed my point, EVEN if she's hot as hell, if she'll stick by you and not leave you no matter how many times you cheat on her, what incentive would you have not to cheat?

Since you mentioned it, I've actually diddled hot sisters, though sadly not twins. All I have to say about that is 0#, $NaP!i!i!i!

Old 04-02-2006, 08:58 PM
Senior Administrator

did cousins, once, never twins, also sadly, but, BUT I can say that I'm prolly one of the only people you've met who did a mother/daughter, but not on the same day...

I did git what yu were sayiong. I even agree. But, on your earlier monologue, not everybody in that population would have equal/even access to take advantage of those wonderfully American opportunities, but, I think we BOTH agree that that is still no reason to wallow in self-pity and squalor. Work is there to be found, for those willing to LOOK for it. Unless you ARE born with a silver spoon, work is your best avenue up and out. The best luck is MADE, not found.

FWIW, I grew up an urban/inner-city environment. I found my way out, through the Military and education. I have a near-future opportunity to put myself in the low-six-figure neighborhood. An opportunity made available to me BECAUSE of the hard work I've done, in the past. Beyond that, other opportunities exist to place me in a 7-figure-annual-income neighborhood, but I will have to WORK, and work HARD to take advantage of them... If I don't I will have no one to blame but myself...

Myabe THEN I'll be able to afford those HOT twins

Old 04-02-2006, 10:10 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

But, on your earlier monologue, not everybody in that population would have equal/even access to take advantage of those wonderfully American opportunities
It might just be a semantic arguement, but I think that everyone has the same access to opportunity. Some might not be handed the opportunity, but it's there for everyone who is willing to work hard enough, and sacrifice what is needed, and make the choice to complete whatever task they so desire. It is harder for some, no doubt, but it being harder doesn't mean it's not there. It just means you'll appreciate teh end result more once you have it. You growing up in the inner city shold know exactly what I'm trying to say. Chances weren't handed to you like they might have been to some suburban white kid. You had to work hard for what you got. But all it really consisted of was choosing to be more. You didn't fal prey to the self-fulfilling prophecy that so many do. So many people tell themselves, "well, I'm a minority, so I can't do this" or "I'm underpriviledged, I don't have that chance to do this" and in telling themselves that, they make it true. They believe that is all they have, and like I said, nothing is impossible except that which you believe is impossible. You saw that you could make a better life, and you did it. It might have been harder for you than others, it might have taken twice as much or more effort or dedication from you as it would have from someone else. But once you made the choice to do something about it, it got done, right? The chance is there for everyone, some are given it, some have to take it, some have to fight tooth and nail for it, but it's there. The next time someone tells me "I couldn't....." I'm going to pimp slap their stupid head and say, "no, you wouldn't, there's a difference."

Old 04-02-2006, 11:11 PM

so, what kind of car was it anyway?

Quick Reply: OK THIS IS GOING TO GET IT STARTED