Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

oh he seems to have explolded

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 11:53 PM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by achTTung
city boys....

shooting woodchucks is fun, and most people with land welcome anyone who wants to kill them. They're as bad as mice in your house. You would kill mice in your house if you had them, right? Woodchucks dig holes in yards/hay fields, which F up the ground, potentially hurt people (I know of people being seriously hurt getting thrown off a four wheeler after hitting a hole, and a woman that required surgery/rehab on her knee after hyper extending her knee much farther than you'd care to see). They also eat the grass that farmers are trying to grow to feed their livestock.

so before you start spouting off about machoism, its not a randomly killing small animals for no reason. Its removing an agricultural pest, and it happens to be fun to do.
Machoism? I said sadism. There's a huge difference. Sadism involves feelings of pleasure that result from inflicting pain.

That you talk about killing things, and how it "happens to be fun to do"... that's sadism. It could be diagnosable, depending on the situation.
Yeah, I can sympathize with farmers who have pests in their fields. I get that they have to earn a living, and supply the world with many of its needs. I can understand that these animals might have to be killed... but seriously, it should be done in a humane fashion. If you find killing things fun, then you're sadistic, and probably have other sociopathic tendencies.

Old 12-05-2008, 11:54 PM
Tech Guru

It's ok to do...... as long as your not masturbating while doing it. achTTung.......

Old 12-06-2008, 12:15 AM
5th Gear

everybody knows you can't fap and shoot at the same time. Theres no way to steady the gun.

If you find killing things fun, then you're sadistic, and probably have other sociopathic tendencies.
Stay out of ahhh, about 3/4 of the United States then, because hunting as a sport GASP! A SPORT! is embraced, actually ENCOURAGED by the govt.

Look out, the sociopaths are all around...

"Approximately 23 million people have hunted within the last five years. (Southwick Associates, 2003)."

BTW, I should remind you that most hunting involves shooting an animal, followed by some amount of time for it to bleed out and die before tracking it and harvesting it.

Popping a woodchuck with a piece of lead moving about 2800 feet per second... they don't feel that unless you have a bad shot. Any movement is usually just nerves.

PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals

Old 12-06-2008, 12:42 AM
5th Gear

Yeah, I'm on the fence with how I feel about hunting, too. I know it's not for me, but have not decided where I actually stand on the issue. I think you can argue that hunting is more about the hunt, perhaps camaraderie, and less about the actual joy of murdering an animal. And, of course, the animal is eaten.

Poppin' gophers with a huge rifle might be fine, but it's obvious that these people are having way more fun with it than what is considered 'normal'. That's why I made the sociopathic comment... people who kill/torture animals often grow up to be pretty effed up individuals.

Old 12-06-2008, 01:38 AM
5th Gear

I think the difference would be whether you make it personal. Shoot gophers all day and I'm cool with it. As soon as you start sneaking up on them with a knife.... I'm going home.

Old 12-06-2008, 03:05 AM
2nd Gear

ok so that last video was nice... watching small animals being blown to pieces while listening to heavy metal and being fed subliminal messages... thats what ya call good ol' fashioned wholesome family fun right there

Old 12-06-2008, 09:09 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by headshok2002
Yay lets kill small animals. It makes your ***** bigger.

Seriously, WTF? Some weird sadistic tendencies here.
The last part about the animals exploding, I've seen the clip it's from. There was some sort of myth going around that people were hunting prairie dogs and the like with a .50 cal rifle. So in order to prove that the myth was NOT in fact a .50 cal, this group of people went hunting for prairie dogs with a .50 cal. Which is 100% legal where they were, if not completely impractical (.50 cal ammo is expensive).

Old 12-06-2008, 08:17 PM

call Carl Spackler for all of your pest control needs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1Hp3l2SH6A&NR=1

Old 12-06-2008, 10:37 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

Originally Posted by achTTung
city boys....

shooting woodchucks is fun, and most people with land welcome anyone who wants to kill them. They're as bad as mice in your house. You would kill mice in your house if you had them, right? Woodchucks dig holes in yards/hay fields, which F up the ground, potentially hurt people (I know of people being seriously hurt getting thrown off a four wheeler after hitting a hole, and a woman that required surgery/rehab on her knee after hyper extending her knee much farther than you'd care to see). They also eat the grass that farmers are trying to grow to feed their livestock.

so before you start spouting off about machoism, its not a randomly killing small animals for no reason. Its removing an agricultural pest, and it happens to be fun to do.
I ******* hate woodchucks. I tore some ligaments bad in my ankle after falling into one of those holes. I have no mercy when I shoot those bastards, and there are so many of them!

Old 12-06-2008, 10:42 PM
4th Gear

i cant believe this thread started this convo