Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

The official RECIPE thread.

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 11:05 PM
Default RE: The official RECIPE thread.

I thought that I'd stick with some basics that everyone would be able to make and enjoy. I'll post an easy chocolate cream pie recipe in a few. It's a cheaters way to make an awesome pie. **Edit for recipe** It makes two pies but is easy to split, although making two pies uses the whole bags of ingredients. Besides, you know you'll want another pie when the first is gone!

Chocolate Almond Pie

2 Pie Crusts - Oreo or Graham Cracker prepared
1 lb Chocolate Chips - Milk or Dark
4 c. Mini Marshmallows - 1 lb bag
1 c. Milk
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract, Pure
4 oz. Almonds, sliced, toasted
4 c. Cool Whip

In a saucepan over medium heat, stir chocolate chips, marshmallows, and milk constantly until melted and mixed thoroughly. Remove from heat and cool. Fold in vanilla extract, 3 oz of toasted almonds, and 2 cups of Cool Whip. Pour chocolate mixture into prepared pie crust. Top with remaining Cool Whip and sprinkle with remaining almonds. Chill for at least 2 hours, or until ready to serve.

It is REALLY good for a fake-it pie. And, I won't usually give you a "fake-it" recipe so enjoy.

Everybody loves pie. I have some awesome pie recipes that I'll share later if you want. Those will take a little more skill though.

Enjoy!

Old 06-20-2006, 11:31 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: lauren5757

holy sh*t, you're name is jason?????????

wow, i would have never guessed

mmm grilled cheese, a year ago i went on a grilled cheese and tomato soup binge..... right after i quit the atkins diet..... grilled cheese was better than a gourmet meal after that crappy diet
ya grilled cheese and tomato soup is one of my favortie things... Next to potato chips and ketchup... Of ******* course my name is Jason and you ******* knew that, dont fuckikng play ******* stupid with ******* me!!!! ****!!!

Old 06-20-2006, 11:44 PM

ORIGINAL: bentframe

damn that french toast sounds ridiculous...i'll have to try those one of these days...i don't know about the orange juice part though, no offense, chef.
You can omit the OJ, but it is really good. Take my word for it, don't be ridiculous!

Old 06-21-2006, 02:05 AM
Administrator

is the T. for tablespoon or teaspoon?

Old 06-21-2006, 02:14 AM

ORIGINAL: Redgoat

is the T. for tablespoon or teaspoon?
T = Tablespoon
t = teaspoon
tsp = teaspoon

Sorry. General notation in recipes. Like WOT, DBW, etc. Maybe I can fuse the two???

Like WOT Hot Sauce on top of the burrito
or Chicken DBW, just untie before eating

Old 06-21-2006, 02:33 AM
Administrator

ohh i see okay! Thanks!!

Old 06-21-2006, 05:30 PM
Administrator

ok i just did the French Toast.. wow that is amazing!!! Seriously the OJ helps!! ohh and my only recommendation is to make sure your bread is stale, that way it doesnt soak up the mixture to deep into the bread and make it soggy

Old 06-21-2006, 06:38 PM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

redgoat: you like light recipes? this is good substitution for alfredo sauce
i dont use measurements, just to taste

1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
t. chicken boullion granules
2-4 cloves minced garlic (fresh)

melt butter, add garlic & boullion, add flour & stir, take off heat add 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup skim milk. little at a time, stir with wisk, return to heat. cook till thick. stirring constantly.
add however much you want of fresh parmasean cheese, probably 1/4 cup

cook pasta

to sauce, add frozen spinach, thawed, drained & water pressed out. as much as you like. also add chopped cooked chicken and/or ham. add more milk/water if its too thick.

I NEED a killer recipe for molten chocolate cakes. it's got to be good. i know good lava when i taste it!
ANYONE?

Old 06-21-2006, 06:48 PM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

ok...maybe we need to have a 5 star rating for people who try these recipes. give feedback, etc...

what in the world would we do without mr chef......he is amazing, isn't he?
when can you come cook for me?

Old 06-21-2006, 07:16 PM

ORIGINAL: kelly

ok...maybe we need to have a 5 star rating for people who try these recipes. give feedback, etc...

what in the world would we do without mr chef......he is amazing, isn't he?
when can you come cook for me?
Kelly, I would come and cook for you whenever you wanted. Just send me a plane ticket and I'm on my way. You need to provide everything else though. I will bring myself and all of the skills attached. I need a ride in the S4 Cab too. That is a must! I think a rating scales should be included and if this thread gets too long, I will start to index the recipes by title and post#.

Thanks Kelly. You AF Ladies rock too!!!

Quick Reply: The official RECIPE thread.