Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

The official RECIPE thread.

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 09:21 PM
Default RE: The official RECIPE thread.

gluten-free???

I've had to do those menus before and they SUCK! Sorry if that is your condition, but I'm not usually constricted within that mold. Let me know if you need some help and I'll give you some recipes and advice through PM.

Cheers!

Old 08-16-2007, 09:39 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Chef

gluten-free???

I've had to do those menus before and they SUCK! Sorry if that is your condition, but I'm not usually constricted within that mold. Let me know if you need some help and I'll give you some recipes and advice through PM.

Cheers!
haha yeah, i got celiac disease last year..it sucks so bad but i'm doing fairly well. most of the problems i have occur with baking...i am mostly buying mixes made wheat free. just sucks to never eat real bread again

Old 08-16-2007, 10:01 PM

Yeah, rice flour just doesn't taste the same. I have read articles where people have dramatically changed their diet and have defeated that disease. I suggest reading the book called, "The Maker's Diet", and follow it's guidelines. It has a bit of religious tones, but it has very sound principles. Eating correctly and getting past the glutens may change your body's take on your condition. It would be my first step. The diet is challenging, but so is your condition.

Good luck!

Cheers!

Old 08-17-2007, 05:01 PM
1st Gear

ah thank you, i'll look into that it's a really hard adjustment and it's always nice to have some help!

Old 09-18-2007, 01:43 PM

Damn talking about all this food is making me hungry

Old 10-16-2007, 06:18 AM
1st Gear

I'm up late and thought i would share my grandmas family recipe.
Peanut butter Banana surprise
- bananas (fresh)
- peanut butter
- jelly
- bread
make a PBJ slice the banana lay slices in the middle and enjoy.

Old 11-17-2007, 11:57 AM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

i'm trying BOTH the pie crust recipe and the pumpkin pie recipe for my thanksgiving which is tomorrow.
i'm also trying a new recipe for Savory Bread Pudding with Mushrooms and Parmesan Cheese, and Cornbread Stuffing Muffins with Ham and Sage.
if either turns out, i'll post the recipe.

it's thanksgiving.....high time to bump this thread!

Old 11-17-2007, 12:31 PM

Uhhhh...Thanksgiving isn't tomorrow is it??? If so, then I hit that bottle a little too hard last night.[&:]

I'm thinking about something else fun to make this year. So far, nothing but an empty head. LOL

Cheers!

Old 11-18-2007, 12:26 PM

myreview for chef's pumpkin pie recipe.

a big four thumbs up on the pumpkin pie...oops, i guess i only have 2 thumbs.
well anyway. i made the pie and had a little extra filling and crust so i made a mini pie.
had a taste of it while still warm and mmmmm mmmmmm good! (and i' haven't even made the maple whipped cream for it yet.)

thanks for sharing your secret recipe with the audi forum members!!

Old 11-19-2007, 09:01 AM

Savory Bread Pudding with Mushrooms and Parmesan Cheese
1 (1-pound) loaf crusty country-style white bread (i used Panera Bread Co's country white)
1/4 cup olive oil
4 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
1 large garlic clove, minced

6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter
1 pound assorted fresh mushrooms (such as crimini, button, portobello, and stemmed shiitake), thinly sliced (i halved the recipe but still used almost a lb of shrooms)
1 1/2 cups finely chopped onion
1 1/2 cups thinly sliced celery
1 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley

3 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
8 large eggs
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/3 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese (again, i halved the recipe but still used 1/3 cup)
Preparation:
Preheat oven to 375°F. Butter 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Cut bottom crust and short ends off bread and discard. Cut remaining bread with crust into 1-inch cubes (about 10 cups loosely packed). Place cubes in very large bowl. Add oil, thyme, and garlic; toss to coat. Spread cubes out on large rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake until golden and slightly crunchy, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes. Return toasted bread cubes to same very large bowl.
Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, onion, celery, and bell pepper. sauté until soft and juices have evaporated, about 15 minutes. Add sautéed vegetables and parsley to bread cubes.
Whisk heavy cream, eggs, salt, and ground pepper in large bowl. Mix custard into bread and vegetables. Transfer stuffing to prepared dish. Sprinkle cheese over. DO AHEAD Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake stuffing uncovered until set and top is golden, about 1 hour. Let stand 15 minutes.[/align][/align]I REALLY liked this recipe and will make it again.[/align]
[/align][/align]

Quick Reply: The official RECIPE thread.