Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

The official RECIPE thread.

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 03:58 AM
Default RE: The official RECIPE thread.

You are one of the two animal mod/admins that I was thinking of. You'll get yours on Thursday.

Old 12-20-2006, 01:51 PM
1st Gear

Well i thought it was about time I contribute...A got a couple

Twice baked mexican potatoes
Ingredients
5 medium potatoes
3 tablespoons butter
cup salsa
1/2
cup fat free yogurt
1/3
teaspoon pepper
2/3
cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 tsp onion salt
1/2 tsp chili powder
Directions

Bake potatoes at 400 for 50-60 minutes, or until soft. Take out of oven and let cool a little. Once cool, cut them in half legnth wise and scoop out meat from potato skin. Place potato meat in bowl along with butter, salsa, yogurt, and salt and pepper. Beat with hand mixer until smooth. Add in the cheddar cheese and mix well. Then place potato mixture back into potato skins. Sprinkle with cheese on top and bake in oven for another 20 minutes, or until warmed through. Sprinkle with onion salt and chili powder, to taste.

Grilled Pizzawich
Ingredients
slice of whole wheat bread
2 tbsp tomato sauce
6 slice pepperoni
1/4
c mozzarella cheese
1/2
tbsp margarine
Directions
Put a skillet on the stove on medium heat. Butter one side of both pieces of bread. Place one piece of bread, butter side down, on the skillet. Spoon sauce onto unbuttered side. Arrange pepperonis and sprinkle with cheese. Place the other slice of bread, butter side up, to close your sandwich. Grill the first side for about 3 minutes, or until the bread is golden brown. Using a turner, flip the sandwich over and grill the other side for another 3 minutes or so, or until golden brown. Remove with a turner and let cool a bit before serving

Old 01-11-2007, 09:52 PM
SoCal Crew Member

So, how does one get a copy of this AF cookbook?
Also need a good recipe for pork...espcially pork chops.......mmmmmmmmm pork chops

Old 01-12-2007, 12:20 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Chef

I do have some extras. PM me with your address and I can hook you up with a copy. Are you willing to pay the printing and shipping costs at least?
What will my total be?

I am in the Chcago area...

Old 01-12-2007, 01:51 AM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

ORIGINAL: socaljoe

So, how does one get a copy of this AF cookbook?
Also need a good recipe for pork...espcially pork chops.......mmmmmmmmm pork chops
there is none.....yet.
i believe chef did a family cookbook and he knows the website to do it, but there's a minimum order. if i am correct, i thinks it's a costly thing to do for just a few people, but if anyone has ideas on how we could do it, i'd be willing to bet Mr. Chef would get involved.

Old 01-12-2007, 02:18 AM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

there are six previous pages to this thread.
cookbooks are for cooks.

Old 01-12-2007, 12:14 PM

Playa, I think Kelly knows how to read. LOL

As I stated before, I do have copies of MY family cookbook just recently done by a very reasonably priced company. I brought the option of selling some of my books for cost plus shipping if anyone was interested as a way to kinda jump start and promote the AF Cookbook, but we haven't even begun to compile that yet, other than this thread. The price of the Cookbooks, all things done and shipped, would be around $600-$700 for 200+ books. Thereare different prices depending on styles, pictures, covers, etc. and they usually do an overrun of 10% which you need to pay for if the books come out fine.

I'd be happy to ship anywhere in the US a copy of my book for $10. Limited quantities available. I will also donate to the site for everyone sold. If you live in the SoCal area then I'll bring some to the next GTG. AFAIK, only Kelly and Redgoat currently have copies of my cookbook.

Cheers!

Old 01-12-2007, 12:36 PM

Well, if you give me $600, then I would definitely give a bigger donation to AF. Otherwise, for $10 I would ship it to you, or if you are coming to the GTG, then I'll just bring a copy.

Old 01-12-2007, 02:39 PM

Well, I suppose you have a military id, so you can get past the guys with guns at the gate, but you'd better watch out for my vicious attack dog. His 20lb body has a muscular oblong roundness to it that might throw you off to the fact that he still has most of his teeth left and probably can still remember how to use them! LOL

Old 01-13-2007, 03:01 PM
Administrator
Default One for steak fans (quick and easy)...

This isa quick and easy one so even if you're not much of a cook, you can do this and it's excellent.

Buy the following:

Enough steak for however many people you're cooking for (center round is good, something fairly thin - not a filet mignon)
Farfalle pasta (aka "bow ties")
Italian dressing (the oil kind, not creamy)
Soy Sauce
Brown Sugar
Italian Herb spice

Cut/cube the steak. You want small bite-size pieces. Make your marinade as follows (or in these proportions):

One bottle Italian dressing
1/4 that amount Soy Sauce
2 tsp brown sugar

Marinate the steak for at least a few hours, but all day/overnight if you can (the longer the better). When it's time to cook, cook your pasta as you would any other time, seasoned with the herb spices. Cook up the steak in a pan on the stove, and if you like (which I do), pour the marinade right in on top of it. Don't overcook or the steak will get tough.

When all's ready, serve up the pasta on a plate, and put the steak/marinade right over top of it - I like to cook it in the marinade and use that as a "sauce" for the whole thing. Serve up with whatever you like on the side - I usually do a garlic french loaf and a salad if the g/f is there.

This is a good one to use to impress a new/potential g/f as well, guys - it's something you're cooking up kind of from scratch (notout of a box), and shows some taste in your selection of seasoned steak and pasta. Serve up with a chablis or something along those lines, and you're good to go.

Quick Reply: The official RECIPE thread.