Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Official AF Venting/Advice Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 07:19 PM
Tech Guru

^ If you don't eat you'll go to the hospital! That's your ticket in for a job there!

Old 11-20-2008, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by theTTkid
Lets see if this one works... im sure everyone has a pet peeve that someone pulls on them one day... or there has been something on your mind you just wanna get out and spill... or, you just had a shitty day and want to talk about it to cheer up... or, you love giving advice, your good and perkin people up and leading people in the right direction... lets be open here, and please, no bs... unless the OP is sarcastic sort of or asks for it... bottom line, be smart about what you say haha...

ANYWHO....

so, as some of you may know, i hadnt had a gf for a long time and was out there looking for one. i fell upon melissa who is a 22 yr old good looking girl. but heres the thing, im leaving for the marines, AND we've already broken up, but one night when i was smashed as hell she talked me back into it. the reason i broke things off in the first place was because she wants to be married within the next two years and have kids soon after BUT im going into the marines and cant give that too her. and now were sorta together, but im trying to push her away in a kind of nice way, cause i do like her, on a friendly level and still want to be ok with her.

heres where it gets interesting...

my ex, of 3 years, started talking to me the other day. and to this day i love her and would pretty much do anything for her, short of leaving the marines or something like that. and on top of that, the one girl who sometimes tore me and my ex apart also started talking to me again... so ive got this like 3-way going on, though im not with any of them...

and yet another catch... my ex and the one girl (mia) HATE each other... and i mean hate. and if one finds out im talking to the other, they'll leave me... even if im just friends with both of them on just a friend level.

ok, ugh, so in a nutshell... im sorta with melissa but i really dont want to be and i dont know what to do... i guess ill just wait and see what happens with my ex and whatever people come along, though i really dont want to get bogged down cause ill probably end up leavin soon anyway

help? haha
TT.....stay with who your with now! Your X is your X for a reason....am I correct? Second If they hate each other thats between the 2 of them, if they cant handle you being friends with each other then FUHK EM......your not married and they're not your GF's anymore so live your life on your terms not theirs! As far as the whole Mellisa thing, your only going to be in boot camp for 7 weeks (I think that's how long it is) So if you like her and she likes you, you could try to make it work. Relationships are work, you chose to be with someone because you "choose" choose to be....if that makes any sence!

Old 11-20-2008, 09:40 PM
Tech Guru

Marine Corps basic is 13 wks.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:03 PM
5th Gear

good timing on this thread. i'll vent.

In traditional Audi style of never follow, I CANNOT be a sheep and just do whatever everyone else is doing. I like to think I have the traits of the alpha type, but if I say 'lets go do something' to whatever group of people it is Im hanging out with, it falls on deaf ears. Every time.
It sucks, because my brother is the alpha of the group we hang out with back in NY. He could suggest something ridiculous, and everybody would be on board. I think the difference is psychological among the 'sheep' people. My little brother is 6'2" 190, I'm 5'7" 120. He's big, he must be a leader.

So, in my refusal to drop into the herd, I'm a loaner. Hooray. Sometimes it'd be nice to have someone agree to go out when I suggest it. Then I wouldnt have to be that dude drinking by himself at the end of the bar all the time.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:06 PM

^ Get new friends

Old 11-20-2008, 10:07 PM
Tech Guru

Well if it's any consolation, if I lived near you I'd chill with you.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:08 PM

^ Awwwwwwww

Old 11-20-2008, 10:26 PM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by GHETTOxWHITExBOY
^ Get new friends
if i were in someone elses shoes, i'd jokingly say the same thing. All the stagnation and epic amounts of fail back in NY were a good part of the reason I moved to VT... And the cycle continues. New people, new bars, still me drinking and chatting with bartenders that ALWAYS have boyfriends. I guess when you're hot as hell in a small city, you're in demand. Not surprised that they're all in relationships.

At least the beer is better here.

Airguard, thanks dude.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:27 PM

^ Do something else other than bars!

Old 11-20-2008, 10:35 PM
Tech Guru

Hey achTTung, I try.

Quick Reply: Official AF Venting/Advice Thread