Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Obama gives Interpol free hand in U.S.

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 11:15 PM
4th Gear
Default Obama gives Interpol free hand in U.S.

As most of you know I don't post much about politics on this site or any site for that matter.... HOWEVER... this one is something that EVERYONE needs to know about.

Original link here: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/op...-80291137.html

Supporting Links: http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-...ve-order-12425 (thats the official EO on the Whitehouse website!)

"No presidential statement or White House press briefing was held on it. In fact, all that can be found about it on the official White House Web site is the Dec. 17 announcement and one-paragraph text of President Obama's Executive Order 12425, with this innocuous headline: "Amending Executive Order 12425 Designating Interpol as a public international organization entitled to enjoy certain privileges, exemptions, and immunities."In fact, this new directive from Obama may be the most destructive blow ever struck against American constitutional civil liberties. No wonder the White House said as little as possible about it.
There are multiple reasons why this Obama decision is so deeply disturbing. First, the Obama order reverses a 1983 Reagan administration decision in order to grant Interpol, the International Criminal Police Organization, two key privileges. First, Obama has granted Interpol the ability to operate within the territorial limits of the United States without being subject to the same constitutional restraints that apply to all domestic law enforcement agencies such as the FBI. Second, Obama has exempted Interpol's domestic facilities -- including its office within the U.S. Department of Justice -- from search and seizure by U.S. authorities and from disclosure of archived documents in response to Freedom of Information Act requests filed by U.S. citizens. Think very carefully about what you just read: Obama has given an international law enforcement organization that is accountable to no other national authority the ability to operate as it pleases within our own borders, and he has freed it from the most basic measure of official transparency and accountability, the FOIA.
The Examiner has asked for but not yet received from the White House press office an explanation of why the president signed this executive order and who among his advisers was involved in the process leading to his doing so. Unless the White House can provide credible reasons to think otherwise, it seems clear that Executive Order 12425's consequences could be far-reaching and disastrous. To cite only the most obvious example, giving Interpol free rein to act within this country could subject U.S. military, diplomatic, and intelligence personnel to the prospect of being taken into custody and hauled before the International Criminal Court as "war criminals."
As National Review Online's Andy McCarthy put it, the White House must answer these questions: Why should we elevate an international police force above American law? Why would we immunize an international police force from the limitations that constrain the FBI and other American law-enforcement agencies? Why is it suddenly necessary to have, within the Justice Department, a repository for stashing government files that will be beyond the scrutiny of Congress, American law enforcement, the media, and the American people?"

Anyone else wondering WHY THE HELL DID HE DO THIS????

Josh

Old 01-04-2010, 11:40 PM
2nd Gear

So that they can arrest people, US Citizens without any regard to the US constitution. These people are traitors. They know people would be up in arms if you took away or changed the bill of rights or the constitution, but the way to get around this is with treaties.

Look at the EU, everyone voted against their constitution so they signed a bunch of treaties to over rule the public. Same thing is happening here. This is why treaties with the UN and these other one worlders are dangerous.

Old 01-05-2010, 12:12 AM
Senior Administrator

All of that is SO "last week" (literally). We've moved on to " El-Prez Obama is allowing terrorist to board planes to Illnois to bomb the midwest," now. Where U been?!?!?

Old 01-05-2010, 12:15 AM
4th Gear

HAHA oh thats a whole other thing! That one has me pissed off too!

Anyone else think that this is to cover where he was originally born? Or something about his past that maybe INTERPOL has on him?

Josh

Old 01-05-2010, 12:34 AM
4th Gear

So after looking at everything more in-depth it looks more like this is only applying to documents and such. Still this means that no-one, other than the president, can search or seize documents that INTERPOL has. Still scary!

Josh

Old 01-05-2010, 01:15 AM
Senior Administrator

Personally, since I have no worries about running afoul of Interpol, in reality OR on paper, I cannot see where this affects me, personally. In fact, there exists the remote (very, very, very remote) possibility that I could get a job WITH Interpol, in which case I'd hafta run a few of you lhoo-sehrs to ground, with my newly aquired, Prezzy-appointyeed, InterpolMOD-powers!!!

Recognize, beeyoitchees!!!