Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

non contact sports

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 01:08 PM
Site Moderator
Default non contact sports

Honestly, what is my deal. I play hockey for about 18 years and only have a few minor injuries. Along with other stuff..football for awhile. Yet, i Severely sprian my ankle twice as well as tear off two toe nails playing volleyball. Two years ago playing softball i tore a ligament in my elbow. I rehabed that. And i just went to the physical therapist yesterday to get my shoulder looked at (from last years injury that i thought was a sprain but pain is still there and geting worse.) and he thinks i tore the labrum in my shoulder. Which is the cartiledge in the ball joint of the shoulder. Now i need an MRI and probably surgery as it will never heal.

[sm=boosign.gif]

Old 06-07-2006, 02:03 PM
Default RE: non contact sports

that sucks

Old 06-07-2006, 02:06 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: sooks

Honestly, what is my deal. I play hockey for about 18 years and only have a few minor injuries. Along with other stuff..football for awhile. Yet, i Severely sprian my ankle twice as well as tear off two toe nails playing volleyball. Two years ago playing softball i tore a ligament in my elbow. I rehabed that. And i just went to the physical therapist yesterday to get my shoulder looked at (from last years injury that i thought was a sprain but pain is still there and geting worse.) and he thinks i tore the labrum in my shoulder. Which is the cartiledge in the ball joint of the shoulder. Now i need an MRI and probably surgery as it will never heal.
[sm=boosign.gif]

I have the same exact thing right now bro. It's been getting way better with just physical therapy, so don't think you are DEF gonna need surgery.

Old 06-07-2006, 03:40 PM
4th Gear

total opposite from me, played hockey for 10 years, and lacrosse for 4. hockey had 4 concusions, been knocked out cold, and twisted my anckle. lacrosse, 2 concusions, 5 stiches above my eye, fractured coller bone. i get messed up along bc im pretty skinny (5'10, 140 lbs.) which makes me wounder why i play contact sports, but there isnt any better sports out there then hockey and lacrosse i feel, oh ya and the girls love it

Old 06-07-2006, 04:02 PM
Site Moderator

haha dont get me wrong..ive had injuries in hockey. But nothing serious..no surgery, or tears, or broken bones. I seperated 2 both shoulders, took a puck in the mouth got 4 stitches to put my lip back together (no lost teeth!!) 6 stitches between my eyes.. and 14 in my arm (8 inside 6 outside) and sprained an ankle. along with various muscle pulls and bruised ribs and such.

VB05.. well yes, surgery isnt necessary.. I could just live with the pain... but the shoulder isnt really teh same, i now pretty much throw the ball like a sally.. bit of a change from at least mid 80mph's possibly upper 80's., and im pretty athletically involved.. so it may be a route i want to go...

Ill have to see after the MRI. Just frustrating that mens slowpitch softball is causing such problems that its sending me to rehab twice in like 3-4 years.

Old 06-07-2006, 05:48 PM
4th Gear

I screwed my shoulder up skiiing. Someone forgot to tell the kid that took me out from behind that skiing is a non-contact sport.

Old 06-07-2006, 06:04 PM
4th Gear

haha wow sooks, u def beat my injury list by far! but ive got my *** kicked PLENTY of times

Old 06-07-2006, 10:59 PM
2nd Gear

played lax for 6+years, concussed like twice, fractured arm, few sprains and bruises. i start rowing, tear my meniscus and break my cheek and orbital in two places (the latter had nothing to do with the sport, but it still happened)

then i found $20.

Old 06-07-2006, 11:41 PM
2nd Gear

Hmmm injury list huh? ok played baseball for about 7 years starting my freshman year in high school and here's my list:

Sprained Knee, dislocated shoulder running into a wall catching a ball, tore a ligament in one ankle sliding into a base not securly in position. Sprained other ankle several times with freak accidents. Tore a ligament on my throwing hand. And my throwing shoulder is still messed up. Never went to a therapist to see what was wrong with it.