Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

No music on my computer.... wtf?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 01:09 AM
Senior Administrator

Well, you've eliminated that as an issue, at least.

Old 02-01-2010, 12:00 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by AWDaholic
Well, you've eliminated that as an issue, at least.
haha yeah thankfully so i guess im just gonna try to join an itunes forum see what they heck they have to say

Old 02-01-2010, 02:56 PM
Senior Administrator

Sorry we cudn't be of more help.

Old 02-01-2010, 04:29 PM
1st Gear

Does it freeze only when you're using a particular program, or it freezes when loading anything?

I think there is a virus in it, which you, as mentioned before, downloaded via Lime-wire.

Download Spyware Doctor, and it will eliminate the virus for you... (For a serial number, Google is your friend)

If the problem persists, update Sound drivers and it should fix the problem... If not, report here later.

Old 02-02-2010, 01:20 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by vnv727
Sounds like itunes is just messing up again. Do you happen to be on Win 7?

Try playing the files in vlc for now. Uninstall itunes completely, and then reinstall it.
yeah im using windows 7, ive tried uninstalling it and reinstalling a couple of time now and no dice. the current problem is it wont even open

Old 02-02-2010, 01:54 AM
5th Gear

i think your main issue is you use limewire, mcafee and norton lol. windows defender is enough to stop most breaches and you can use an anti virus like AVG or NOD32. you can get free user names and passwords on nod327.net. itunes works fine for both of my windows 7 (32 and 64 bit). do a scan with a one of those 2 anti virus programs. also check your task manager to check for weird names like IEXPLORE.EXE. i've came across quite a few viruses with weird names and most of the time searching for it, then ending it and deleting it solves the issue. i actually run my computer with windows defender off and i'm only using AVG for protection and i haven't gotten a virus in years. also use torrent programs like utorrent, which uses so little resources you won't even know it's there. sites like scrapetorrent or completorrent are good sites to dl stuff. also btjunkie is the most reputable torrent site out there. i used to use norton and mcafee back when i was new to computers and got plenty of viruses lol. daym **** sites

oh and if you use internet explorer, shame on you, switch to firefox or chrome. i've actually made a switch to chrome because it uses less system resources but the only bad thing is the awesome adblock addon doesn't work like it does on FF. i use privoxy which does the job but not nearly as awesome as adblock

Last edited by hiwords; 02-02-2010 at 01:57 AM.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by rplets15
Ok so about a week or so ago I downloaded the new Limewire, after doing this I loaded it up and its running through its normal process of when I update it by transfering all my songs in. Shortly after starting this it gets to 144 and freezes up the whole computer. Ive tried uninstalling it and re downloading it but that didnt change it at all. Then I just figured what ev ill just wait till a new update comes out and wont download anything till then. Its all going fine till just two days ago I was listening to itunes and had sportscenter on in the background. Something I wanted to hear come on sc so I turned my volume all the way down to hear the tv. After it was over I turned the volume back up and nothing was playing. I thought maybe I paused it but I didnt, I closed it and restarted itunes. When it came back on it acted like I just downloaded it and went through its motions, so I let it do its thing. Then it got to the generating album artwork section it got to one of my Weezer albums and said it was like generating gapless playback or something like that and froze the whole computer up again! Idk what the heck is wrong or if either of these are related but if someone could help me with it that would be amazing. I also uninstalled and reinstalled itunes and checked for viruses useing mcafee and it found nothing.
All *your* songs? Did you write any of them?

Old 02-02-2010, 02:20 PM
Senior Administrator

Originally Posted by Gordon Freeman Jr
All *your* songs? Did you write any of them?
Prolly no more than *you* built *your* car.

Old 02-03-2010, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by AWDaholic
Prolly no more than *you* built *your* car.
Yeah, but I *paid* for my car.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:01 AM
Senior Administrator

I eHat it when YOU win!!!

Quick Reply: No music on my computer.... wtf?