Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

No music on my computer.... wtf?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 04:58 PM
1st Gear
Angry No music on my computer.... wtf?

Ok so about a week or so ago I downloaded the new Limewire, after doing this I loaded it up and its running through its normal process of when I update it by transfering all my songs in. Shortly after starting this it gets to 144 and freezes up the whole computer. Ive tried uninstalling it and re downloading it but that didnt change it at all. Then I just figured what ev ill just wait till a new update comes out and wont download anything till then. Its all going fine till just two days ago I was listening to itunes and had sportscenter on in the background. Something I wanted to hear come on sc so I turned my volume all the way down to hear the tv. After it was over I turned the volume back up and nothing was playing. I thought maybe I paused it but I didnt, I closed it and restarted itunes. When it came back on it acted like I just downloaded it and went through its motions, so I let it do its thing. Then it got to the generating album artwork section it got to one of my Weezer albums and said it was like generating gapless playback or something like that and froze the whole computer up again! Idk what the heck is wrong or if either of these are related but if someone could help me with it that would be amazing. I also uninstalled and reinstalled itunes and checked for viruses useing mcafee and it found nothing.

Old 01-31-2010, 06:13 PM
3rd Gear

Seems like a pretty good trojan got into your system. Probably limewire downloaded something malign.

Old 01-31-2010, 06:44 PM
Senior Administrator

I'd say you need to run any or all of several different malware/spyware/virus scanners, and possibly a rootkit analyzer, to clean out your digital clog.

Oh, and, stop phugkin around on the internet without protection. Dint yor daddy tell you about condoms?

Old 01-31-2010, 07:54 PM

not to be a dick, but....

Are your speakers plugged in???

Old 01-31-2010, 07:56 PM
Senior Administrator

Originally Posted by originalspanksta
not to be a dick, but....

Are your speakers plugged in???
ZORFGLOLOMGOMGOMGROFLMFLAO!!!1!1one!!oneoneone!

Old 01-31-2010, 07:58 PM
1st Gear

haha yes the spekers are pluged in. now heres what ive gotten so far ive had mcafee it never found anything and i just changed mcafee to norton and norton has also found nothing i did a system restore to earlier this month and about to re load itunes on

Old 01-31-2010, 08:05 PM
1st Gear

ok got itunes back reloaded but now when i click on it it doesnt open up it does nothing

Old 01-31-2010, 09:03 PM
Senior Administrator

Originally Posted by rplets15
haha yes the spekers are pluged in. now heres what ive gotten so far ive had mcafee it never found anything and i just changed mcafee to norton and norton has also found nothing i did a system restore to earlier this month and about to re load itunes on
No one single product can catch EVERYthing. But, since you can't run multiple firewalls... One firewall, multiple anti-virus'. AND, a rootkit analyzer. Google it and download one. Or, if yu like, I can recommend BlackIce's BlackLight Rootkit eliminator.

Old 01-31-2010, 11:43 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by AWDaholic
No one single product can catch EVERYthing. But, since you can't run multiple firewalls... One firewall, multiple anti-virus'. AND, a rootkit analyzer. Google it and download one. Or, if yu like, I can recommend BlackIce's BlackLight Rootkit eliminator.
well i have run mcafee and norton neither found anything im gonna look into the rootkit now

Old 02-01-2010, 12:54 AM
1st Gear

ok just ran two different rootkit analyzers and nothing from either of them so i dont think i have a virus

Quick Reply: No music on my computer.... wtf?