Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

No F1=boring

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 11:44 PM
2nd Gear
Default No F1=boring

i'm going crazy with no f1 right now. anyone else missing racing season like crazy? the 24 hours of daytona is only 3 weeks away, and that's the start of everything again.

we're about to buy canadian grand prix tickets for june. anyone ever been before?

Old 01-05-2007, 11:49 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: No F1=boring

I haven't made it to the Canuck F1 race, but I love that course. It's great to watch and not bad on the PS2. My buddy in Sydney is trying to talk me into the race there, but the cost/time of getting there is nuts. My next track time may be at a DE on the road course inside Talladega in April. I'll watch the 24hrs @ Daytona using the dvr. Does Audi have any real competition this year?

Old 01-05-2007, 11:56 PM
2nd Gear

yeah, the 24 hours of daytona basically starts the race season.

last i heard audi wasn't sure if they were going to run a full season of alms with the r10. they my do some races in the states and more in europe. they just signed two young drivers away from porsche (rockenfeller and luhr) to replace the old dudes (pirro and biela).

did you see any of the race of champions? that's usually pretty entertaining.

Old 01-05-2007, 11:59 PM
4th Gear

Didn't catch the race of champs. Was it on Speed?

That Luhr guy is serious. I don't remember if I've seen Rockenfeller drive before, but that's a helluva German name.

Old 01-06-2007, 12:09 AM
2nd Gear

it wasn't on speed for some reason. i saw it on hdnet or inhd or one of those channels. i just happened to see it randomly and then dvrd it the next time it was on. rockenfeller is only 23, he's going to driver the r10 and in the dtm series. he drove a daytona prototype last year.

Old 01-06-2007, 03:52 AM
3rd Gear

I'm hella bored w/o F1, and this year w/ no Schumacher it's going to actually be a competition. Can't wait to see who will step up to the plate. Who you think will take it away this season?

Old 01-06-2007, 04:13 AM
Site Moderator

I'm still mad about Speed channel taking rally racing off the air.

Old 01-06-2007, 04:16 AM
3rd Gear

^^^ Hell yeah man. That ish is hella fun to watch, very entertaining, seems like anymore now-a-days all that's on SPEED is effin NASCAR and that bullish

Old 01-06-2007, 07:09 PM
2nd Gear

yes, bring back the wrc!! that sucks. i don't know why they did that. it might as well be the nascar channel, probably because they're owned by fox. even now though, they could re-show some old f1 ****, but all they have is unique whips, pinks and other crap. it sucks. one bright spot is nicole manske on speed news sunday nights. anyone seen her? wow! i guess she's dating ryan briscoe.

i'm not sure how f1 will look this year. i'm interested to see how well massa does v. kimi. i think ferrari are definitely the team to beat. but, if mclaren come out w/ a solid car alonso will be very tough to beat. i think kubica and button are going to be there as well. i can't really see fisi doing too well at renault. should be very interesting though. i'm going to the usgp and canada back to back weekends. can't wait.

Old 01-06-2007, 08:41 PM
5th Gear

hey at least you have TV. my cheap *** roomates wont even pay for cable

Quick Reply: No F1=boring