Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

NFL picks of the week.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 01:37 PM
2nd Gear
Default NFL picks of the week.....

of course we will start with the Bears over Carolina, and I don;t want to hear any **** about "oh they didn't have Steve Smith playing" blahhhhh lol. I am also predicting Indy falling AGAIN for the first 0-2 start in how long? Call me crazy but....San Diego over Denver ..... Jets and New England ought to be interesting and that will be the 4 pm game on here ..... I may have to go to the bar to watch my Bears, damn chicken wings and beer at noon on a Sunday

Old 09-13-2008, 01:41 PM

Patriots ftw!

Old 09-13-2008, 02:39 PM
3rd Gear

I'd take Car over the CHI, they didnt have Steve Smith last week either and I don't think you can put the BEars in teh same class as the Chargers. That being said, I think w/o thier emotional leader the Chargers window will slam shut this year, starting Sunday at Mile High. Jets and Pats will definitely be interesting. The Pats D will have to play out of this world this year, sorry Pats fans tell yourself what you want but Matt Cassel will not come close to putting even low-end-Brady numbers this year. He won't start more than 6 games before hitting the pine.

Old 09-13-2008, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Bad Justin
Call me crazy but....San Diego over Denver
Thats what I'm talkin about !!!

Originally Posted by Flip
Patriots ftw!
are you on crack ???

Old 09-13-2008, 03:33 PM
1st Gear

Denver sucks go Diego!

Old 09-13-2008, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by McGovs1.8B5
That being said, I think w/o thier emotional leader the Chargers window will slam shut this year, starting Sunday at Mile High.

From NFL.......

The Matchup

For the second year in a row, the San Diego Chargers will open AFC West play on the road in Denver’s Invesco Field when they face the Broncos on Sunday, Sept. 14 at 1:15 p.m. PDT. In last season’s meeting in the Mile High City, the Chargers handed the Broncos a 41-3 setback that ended San Diego’s three-game losing streak and started the Bolts on the path to their second-straight AFC West title and their third in the last four years. The Chargers swept the series with the Broncos last year and finished the season 5-1 in division play.

The Series

The Chargers will be looking for their fifth straight win over the Broncos when the team’s meet on Sunday. San Diego’s four-game win streak in the series has certainly helped close the gap, however Denver still holds the edge in the all-time ledger, 52-43-1. The Chargers have won their last two games in Invesco Field after losing six in a row in Denver. The wins include a 35-27 victory on NBC’s Sunday Night Football in 2006 and last season’s win.

Kings of the AFC West

The Chargers have gone 18-6 (.750) in AFC West play the last four seasons (since 2004). They have won two straight division titles and three of the last four. Since the NFL realigned the divisions in 2002, the Chargers are the only AFC West team to win back-to-back titles.

Old 09-13-2008, 05:41 PM
3rd Gear

I didnt say they haven't been good I said the window is closing for these guys and I dont think they'll pull thru. Believe me, I remember the score from last year, I was there. Plus you gotta take anything an "expert" writes with a grain of salt. What I say is right just as often as they are, its all speculation. I dont think we'll turn last years score around on the chargers Sunday but I definitely think we have a better team than last year. You better hope they can put pressure on Cutler w/o Shawne cuz you can only cover our receivers for so long before one of them comes open.

BTW, the kings of the AFC West are def my Broncos. # of titles since '78:

DEN - 9
SD - 8
OAK/LA - 6
KC - 4
SEA - 2

Plus we won a couple super bowls, how many has SD won? Hell how many have they even been to? 1? 2 maybe? I bet a Dallas fan can chime in the final score of the most recent one. haha

Old 09-13-2008, 06:36 PM

Last time was in 94 and they blew it....LOL
Hey don't take it to the heart !!! I'm just Fu(k!n with ya.....The team actually did decent last year without Merriman "the whole illegal substance suspention" I'm just givin you a hard time, cuz I wanna see you rock that lightning bolt for a week.....LOL

No offence, but the 70's, 80's, and 90's are over bro.....Its our time to shine !!!

Old 09-13-2008, 11:15 PM
2nd Gear

just reminding you that the Chicago Bears will be whupping the Carolina Panthers at 1 pm EST.... Is there such a thing as a free site to watch games on or am I being crazy......

Attached Images  

Last edited by Bad Justin; 09-13-2008 at 11:18 PM.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:19 PM
2nd Gear

fvck, how do I do it NOT as an attatchment.... stupid Vista.

Quick Reply: NFL picks of the week.....