Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

New Tattoo...

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 07:45 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: New Tattoo...

ORIGINAL: rayveedub

"give me liberty or give me death" - thomas Jefferson
Your history teacher called and said "You're fired!"

I like this one - In response to a German demand to surrender General McAuliffe of the 101st wrote a single word reply - "Nuts". Not sure if "nuts" would make a good tattoo though. I think it is better than some chick's name.

Old 04-14-2006, 09:40 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: Toff_the_Toffee

about our wee battle against the odds.

against the odds.......if my history class was correct you guys were about to get your asses handed to you until we came in
Oh dear... Here is a prime example of education, Hollywood style. Have you heard of the battle of britain? Trust me, there was little or no risk of an invasion after that. ***** handed to us? Well, as we were the only ones actually standing up against the Germans at the time, we actually did quite well. Maybe you should read a little history before you make glib remarks.
We 'almost' had outr **** handed to us my the Germans. You HAD yours handed to you in Vietnam. Exactly how many wars are we totting up here? You know, ignorant people like you give Americans a bad name.

Old 04-14-2006, 09:42 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: karguy427

As the son of a Royal Navy mate, I have to admire any soldier who wears bright red and stands upright on the battlefield.
Thats where the phrase 'the thin red line' comes from. In fact it is for a certain regiment of the British Army.

Oh, and as for "Freeeeeedddoooomm" By William Wallace, you may want to look up the real facts about him, rather than taking mel Gibsons word for it.

Old 04-14-2006, 10:47 PM

about our wee battle against the odds.

against the odds.......if my history class was correct you guys were about to get your asses handed to you until we came in
Oh dear... Here is a prime example of education, Hollywood style. Have you heard of the battle of britain? Trust me, there was little or no risk of an invasion after that. ***** handed to us? Well, as we were the only ones actually standing up against the Germans at the time, we actually did quite well. Maybe you should read a little history before you make glib remarks.
We 'almost' had outr **** handed to us my the Germans. You HAD yours handed to you in Vietnam. Exactly how many wars are we totting up here? You know, ignorant people like you give Americans a bad name.
He is right, they were the only ones fighting against the ****'s at the time. They did the best they could for what they had. BUt for them saying we got our asses handed to us in vietnam, that just isnt true.

Old 04-14-2006, 10:50 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: apg96
They did the best they could for what they had. BUt for them saying we got our asses handed to us in vietnam, that just isnt true.
My point exactly... Everyones struggled at some point, but having ***** handed to you is akin to Polan, or France... Britain certainly never had our ***** handed to us!

Old 04-14-2006, 11:25 PM
4th Gear

The Battle of Britain?

Didn't Ben Affleck actually win that one for you?

Old 04-14-2006, 11:59 PM

totally agree, France is like war. Umm i surrender. Atleast Britian puts up a fight, they are one of only a few that are supporting us right now.

Old 04-15-2006, 12:20 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: pturbo

The Battle of Britain?

Didn't Ben Affleck actually win that one for you?
Nope.. I'm sure it was Vin Diesel, and Bruce Willis...

Old 04-15-2006, 01:35 AM
3rd Gear

I just got my 6th done, and that was a quote also. Good luck with the new ink.

Old 04-15-2006, 01:37 AM
3rd Gear

What did you get done, if you don't mind me asking?
My two favourite ones are the panther (done by a very good friend, who died not too long ago. He was Chief engineer on the boat I worked on. Phillipino chap, and the nicest wee fell you could have met. The other was done in South Africa by another crewmember, this chap was THE biggest black dude you ever did meet. We all called him tiny!
T

Quick Reply: New Tattoo...