Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

New Tattoo...

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 10:48 PM
3rd Gear
Default New Tattoo...

Ok, so I have decided to get my fourth tattoo, and have decided upon it's theme, however, I am at a small loss as to which to choose. I have gone for a Winston Churchill speech segment, (big hero dude back home, you may have heard of him ), but he has had so many rousing speeches that I am wondering what you chaps thought. (I plan to have it on my left calf, in nice, olde stylee calligraphy_
Top of my list is...

We shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender
or edited version
We shall fight on the beaches. We shall fight on the landing grounds. We shall fight in the fields, and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills. We shall never surrender!
But he had quite a few stirrers...
Arm yourselves, and be ye men of valour, and be in readiness for the conflict; for it is better for us to perish in battle than to look upon the outrage of our nation and our altar.
We are still masters of our fate. We are still captain of our souls.
Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves that if the British Empire and Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will still say, This was their finest hour.
As I said, the first one, or the edited version is top of my list, but just wondering what you chaps thought... Good idea/bad idea?

Old 04-13-2006, 11:02 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: New Tattoo...

UHH... im not to much of a fan of writing although if i was i would get something from the bible or in babayin, but just to help you out i like this one:

Arm yourselves, and be ye men of valour, and be in readiness for the conflict; for it is better for us to perish in battle than to look upon the outrage of our nation and our altar.

Old 04-13-2006, 11:13 PM

where are u from i own a tattoo shop in rhode island.... www.bodymarks.com ......check it out!!!!!

Old 04-13-2006, 11:15 PM
3rd Gear

I like the first one. I'm getting my fourth one for my B Day in June!

Old 04-13-2006, 11:28 PM
Senior Administrator

U shud get a PINK Dragon, witha Yellow bikini

Old 04-13-2006, 11:33 PM
3rd Gear

Cheers AWD... I've just had one of those nasty epileptic fits thanks to that hideously coloured post![]

Old 04-13-2006, 11:49 PM
1st Gear

quote:

Iam a fan of that one but if i was you i would get the one that means the most to you.

Old 04-13-2006, 11:51 PM
3rd Gear

They all mean a lot to me. It's a whole 'us vs germany' and it means a lot , to me at least, about our wee battle against the odds. So, I am maybe a little lopsided, and biased in view to the speeches, so would like to know which sound good, and which not so good.

Old 04-14-2006, 12:00 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Toff_the_Toffee

We are still masters of our fate. We are still captain of our souls.
Short and sweet. More of a personal motto.....?
Would cost less, too.

Old 04-14-2006, 12:02 AM
Site Moderator/Ninja

I like "we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be..."

Just puts a whole perspective on things... like it's your island.. and youll fight tooth and nail for it..

maybe an even further edited?

"We shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be...
...we shall never surrender !"

but either edited or in full - I defnietley like the opening "defned our Island" line...

Quick Reply: New Tattoo...